help. sandisk ultra 64gb microsdxc. readable but cannot be modified

I have tried everything. multiple devices, readers, pieces of software. operating systems. even usb2 and 3 readers

I cannot delete anything. unmount and remount or reboot and the files are back. I cannot format. I cannot quick format. I cannot slow format. 

it stores files on my phone, or at least seems to store a few files, but sometimes they are unreadable. then I reboot and they are gone and the files I deleted are back.

this is particularly awful as I had some pictures I wanted to keep that I stored on the external SD in my phone and they are gone too, but were there until I restarted my phone.

I have backed up what I still have on the card, but cannot recover what I put on the card since this problem arose and cannot format or delete anything. 

anyone have clue? I can't send it back because I don't like the idea that somebody might have my data, and every attempt to delete sensitive files has failed.

I have tried everything. multiple devices, readers, pieces of software. operating systems. even usb2 and 3 readers

I cannot delete anything. unmount and remount or reboot and the files are back. I cannot format. I cannot quick format. I cannot slow format. 

it stores files on my phone, or at least seems to store a few files, but sometimes they are unreadable. then I reboot and they are gone and the files I deleted are back.

this is particularly awful as I had some pictures I wanted to keep that I stored on the external SD in my phone and they are gone too, but were there until I restarted my phone.

I have backed up what I still have on the card, but cannot recover what I put on the card since this problem arose and cannot format or delete anything. 

anyone have clue? I can't send it back because I don't like the idea that somebody might have my data, and every attempt to delete sensitive files has failed.

I think your only option is to send it back.

These companies usually are verry careful with your data they test it and if it doesn't work they destroy it and give you a new one.

send it back, dont bother trying to fix it

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Time to get a replacement from them

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

I think your only option is to send it back.

These companies usually are verry careful with your data they test it and if it doesn't work they destroy it and give you a new one.

still doesn't satisfy my paranoia. I'll call them tomorrow when their support lines are active and see if I can get them to issue me a replacement without sending mine back. I'm sure inability to delete or format is a valid reason for that.

still doesn't satisfy my paranoia. I'll call them tomorrow when their support lines are active and see if I can get them to issue me a replacement without sending mine back. I'm sure inability to delete or format is a valid reason for that.

It's your only option mate just deal with it that it's broken.

they were actually quite helpful. they said if I wanted I could drill the sandisk card or break the card in two before sending it to them, but if I did they could not recover any data from it, which is exactly what I wanted.