Once AGAIN FML

sooooooo I just went from richland apu to kaveri last night. Windows 8.1 refused to boot and kept saying certain files were missing from system files everytime i tried to boot so from what ive read Kaveri doesnt like dual channel memory so i reset cmos and took off dual channel in UEFI. then my rig worked perfectly fine last night played everything i wanted and overall it worked. this morning it worked as well. But the issue arose when i got home from work and turned on my rig and i come to see that dreaded watermark "Windows 8.1 build 9600" my windows is genuine i paid for it. so after messing with some things and trying to make a bootable usb to just nuke it and start over the windows upgrade assistant wouldnt accept my key.  (last resort) I decided to turn to windows support and talked to this girl and she couldnt figure it out and told me i had to pay 99-149$ for service and i refused to pay. so after about 1.5 hours of her pitching this s*** to me and me bitching how much theyre scumbags for one fix she finally got the key to work so i can make a bootable usb. With all that being said my computer feels so "buggy" even playing games that ran smoothly last night run very unsmooth tonight while waiting for windows to download. i also noticed my network speed is super slow at 3mbps while i normally get 50-60 i just find it so weird how this happened.

Rig:

A10-7850k

msi A88x-G45

msi twin frozr r9-270 3gb

16 gb g.skill sniper 2133(can only run at 1600 now since kaveri)

evga 650b supernova

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Solution: Stop using Windows.

Drop the mic....

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Solution: Stop using Windows.

Drop the mic....

would love too but linux doesnt offer support for my games

Are your drivers still installed?

yup they are

dude... I feel awful for you, really, how do you get into these messes...

brother ive been asking myself these questions all damn day. lmao i almost feel like something undetected is in my registry

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Back up everything and do a fresh install, just wipe everything and reinstall all the proper drivers.  

That sucks.  I know how you feel, I used to have a computer that would BSOD ALL the time I reinstalled time and time and time again checked all my hardware.  Couldn't find anything.   Yet it kept happening, finally sold it and built a new one. 

Run CCleaner.

roger that doing it now

Have you run memtest and all that? If it was a software issue it should have been cleared with a windows reinstall (if you completely formatted the drive). You might have to do it again, although I wouldn't bother with the activation BS and calling microsoft again, you already paid for the license it's legal for you to just download an ISO and an activator.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Have you run memtest and all that? If it was a software issue it should have been cleared with a windows reinstall. You might have to do it again, although I wouldn't bother with the activation BS and calling microsoft again, you already paid for the license it's legal for you to just download an ISO and an activator.

any programs you would recommend for memtest?

from what i read on amd forums kaveri does NOT run stable in dual channel. but the funny thing is it ran fine last night with the new apu and now it just decides to s*** all over me

would love too but linux doesnt offer support for my games

At least you're honest.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

At least you're honest.

it was in dual boot but since the upgrade it got rid of the GRUB menu and havent had time to get it back

At least you're honest.

im seriously so pissed that im tempted to just use whine for my games lmao thats how pissed i am

im seriously so pissed that im tempted to just use whine for my games lmao thats how pissed i am

It always seems to come down to that for Windows gamers who use custom rigs, after a period of time.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It always seems to come down to that for Windows gamers who use custom rigs, after a period of time.

idk is it really worth just using whine?

idk is it really worth just using whine?

Give it a shot on another rig and report back. Most of Valve's games already work with Linux anyways. 

When I switched to Linux and BSD I kind of just stopped gaming. You should totally try Steam OS though.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Give it a shot on another rig and report back. Most of Valve's games already work with Linux anyways. 

When I switched to Linux and BSD I kind of just stopped gaming. You should totally try Steam OS though.

At the moment Steam OS only supports games developed by Valve themselves. 

Would like to see Witcher 3 being able to deployed on Steam OS and i will never back to windows again.

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

Would like to see Witcher 3 being able to deployed on Steam OS and i will never back to windows again.

I know it only supports Valve games. I did mention that all of Valve's games run on Linux, right?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

i like this gesture

I know it only supports Valve games. I did mention that all of Valve's games run on Linux, right?

yup you sure did!