iSwitched to Windows Phone 8 with Slick ?

Nischi

Hello everyone

I like the "iSwitched to x phone" videos that have been made lately by Linus and Slick.

My first ever smartphone was a Windows Phone 7.5, a Nokia Lumia 800. I loved it's simplicity and design, both hardware and software(UI). I love the ability to keep me up to date by simply pinning my favorite tiles on the main screen, with little to no need to even launch an app to get the latest details. (sorta reminded me of the "Hub" experience Slick mentioned in the second iSwitched to Blackberry video).

I feel that Linus had many valid points in things that lack, like disabling auto-rotate to start with. However, the OS has come to grow a bit, especially with the help of Nokia and their constant dedication to their consumers by pushing out new software in form of apps and firmware updates, as well as new camera features.

I think that a new look at the Windows Phone 8 experience with Slick and a new Nokia device like the Lumia 925 or 920 might give a different perspective.

But this time maybe in a shorter format(say a 10 day experience)? I can't help but feel bad for Slick when watching him being forced away from his beloved Android :D

Nokia is touting their exceptional camera in their devices, especially under low-light settings. Perhaps a chance to get a comparison to Linus's The One ?

Low-light comparison video: 

Anyway, what do you guys think ? I know I would enjoy a video-series with Slick trying out the Windows Phone :)