Poor Cooler I think

Go to solution Solved by Raudi_,

So I run an Intel i5 4670K with a H60 (corsair) CPU loop... When playing Titanfall I ran up a temp if 70*C... I ran a stress test in Prime95 and.. well... THIS

That took 30 seconds... on idle I run 40*c... THis cooler is on correctly running a pull system witth the provided fan. Why in just 30 seconds did the core temp go up to 90*c?

Got a video HERE and my cooler is set like THIS.

I used Cool Masters E2 Gold Thermal compund

Next time you run prime95 set the voltage to manual don't leave it on Auto for the CPU and you'll be safe.

So I run an Intel i5 4670K with a H60 (corsair) CPU loop... When playing Titanfall I ran up a temp if 70*C... I ran a stress test in Prime95 and.. well... THIS

That took 30 seconds... on idle I run 40*c... THis cooler is on correctly running a pull system witth the provided fan. Why in just 30 seconds did the core temp go up to 90*c?

Got a video

and my cooler is set like THIS.

Got a video

and my cooler is set like THIS.

Prime95 runs unreasonable voltages on Haswell. 

H60 is not a quality AIO. It's a very cheap AIO and should be seen and used as such. Is this old H60 or the 2013 version?

Prime95 pushes your CPU to 100% and that is the only time you should be in the 80s, around 70 is warm but shouldn't degrade the life of your CPU.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Don't use Prime95 on Haswell. I would suggest you try Intel Burn Test, Aida64 or something else.

I'd hate to think that your H60 runs that much worse than a CM Hyper 212 EVO...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Prime95 runs unreasonable voltages on Haswell. 

H60 is not a quality AIO. It's a very cheap AIO and should be seen and used as such. Is this old H60 or the 2013 version?

Not so smart but I just checked the back of the manual and it does say 2013 in the small text something liek "Corsair... blah blah blah 2013 blah blah" so I would assume.

If you cpu is hitting 90c in prime that probably means you are in the okay zone for normal every day applications. Prime over volts your cpu past what your bios voltage is so don't worry about that. Use intel extreme tuning utility if you really want to stress you cpu properly. Test for a couple hours and that means you are completely stable.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Got a video HERE and my cooler is set like THIS.

Next time you run prime95 set the voltage to manual don't leave it on Auto for the CPU and you'll be safe.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Not so smart but I just checked the back of the manual and it does say 2013 in the small text something liek "Corsair... blah blah blah 2013 blah blah" so I would assume.

If it's the original H60, it has ribbed tubing and a plain matte plastic square block like this

post-68106-0-95034500-1404791056.jpg

If it's the H60 (2013), it has smooth tubing and a H100i-esque block like this

post-68106-0-56314900-1404791056.jpg

As long as you leave your voltages on manual mode in tests like Prime95 (I think Aida64 does the same wacky voltage thing if you set it to auto mode or something), it won't really hurt your CPU. Not that you need the test very often. 

Though keep a lookout for very abnormally high temps, weird noises, or no fan noise at all and the usual symptoms that your AIO is failing.

This is somewhat solved but ima mark it as solved anyway.
Just gonna have to get a H100i or something later this year