Silverstone TD01

Anyone know why this was discontinued? 

Im looking to buy one, dont want any problems with it.

Also, i can only find one new on ebay for 500$, not any used ones. 

Anyone seen any for sale?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I bet there was corrosion...

Linus predicted that when they first came out that there would be corrosion because they used copper and aluminum or something like that...

Edit: I'm an idiot. I was confusing the TD01 with the TD02/3. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I bet there was corrosion...

Linus predicted that when they first came out that there would be corrosion because they used copper and aluminum or something like that...

When did linus do it? You sure that wasnt the td02 or 03? this is the TD01

td01-v1.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

When did linus do it? You sure that wasnt the td02 or 03? this is the TD01

Oh. crap. I was wrong. I was confusing them. Disregard my previous comments. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

No one knows anything?

@spwath

You're better off getting this one instead:

120X-03b.jpg

It's the enermax liqtech 120x, it's just OEM of silverstone. Identical rad, pump, brackets mounting kit and what not except it's just in black with rubber tubes. I have this one btw, love it.

@spwath

You're better off getting this one instead:

120X-03b.jpg

It's the enermax liqtech 120x, it's just OEM of silverstone. Identical rad, pump, brackets mounting kit and what not except it's just in black with rubber tubes. I have this one btw, love it.

Again, you are thinking of td02/td03

Td01 is different

Well it says the waterblock material is aluminum... Isn't that... cheap and terrible?

The TD02 and TD03 have a copper base waterblock that has a aluminum pump housing.

Would you want your CPU relying on a piece of aluminum to remove the heat? Even the stock heatsink fans from intel have a coin sized piece of copper as the go between the CPU and aluminum heatsink.

Edit: its also listed for the 775 chipset... Isnt that a pentium 4? Is that what you're wanting this for? Thats.... Ancient.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

Well it says the waterblock material is aluminum... Isn't that... cheap and terrible?

The TD02 and TD03 have a copper base waterblock that has a aluminum pump housing.

Would you want your CPU relying on a piece of aluminum to remove the heat? Even the stock heatsink fans from intel have a coin sized piece of copper as the go between the CPU and aluminum heatsink.

You can use any waterblock. And it got good temps in 3Dgameman's video.

Silverstone got back to my email. They said no problems with it, and it was avaible at some site. I checked, and its out of stock, says temperary tho. It costs 330$

You can use any waterblock. And it got good temps in 3Dgameman's video.

That video is from 7 years ago... things get discontinued when better advancements in technology are made.

Is it just because you like the look of the reservoir? Or because its an external reservoir? Why exactly are you trying to find such an old piece of equipment? I would not want to use a used 7+ year old pump to cool a processor.

Silverstone got back to my email. They said no problems with it, and it was avaible at some site. I checked, and its out of stock, says temperary tho. It costs 330$

Zalman used ot have a really nice XT Hybrid reservoir, but it too had a pump integrated into it (I was thinking maybe if you could get your own pump...) but their current external reservoir is much uglier than the XT. I guess advancement in technology sometimes means a step back in aesthetics. http://www.zalman.com/global/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=183

That video is from 7 years ago... things get discontinued when better advancements in technology are made.

Is it just because you like the look of the reservoir? Or because its an external reservoir? Why exactly are you trying to find such an old piece of equipment? I would not want to use a used 7+ year old pump to cool a processor.

It's cool. And silverstone. Old stuff cool. Looks cool.

It's cool. And silverstone. Old stuff cool. Looks cool.

Yeah, I could totally understand from an aesthetic viewpoint, I have an old apple cinema display kicking around because it was clear acrylic, and the power and brightness are little touch LEDs. Its only 1050p, the power supply is the size of the first mac mini, but I like it.

Yeah, I could totally understand from an aesthetic viewpoint, I have an old apple cinema display kicking around because it was clear acrylic, and the power and brightness are little touch LEDs. Its only 1050p, the power supply is the size of the first mac mini, but I like it.

yeah, I'm just not sure if it is 300$ cool. I would also need a new CPU block (like you said, aluminum, also, it's really old, and won't work on my socket)

Oh, silverstone said there is a cheaper place in stock- it's only 230$. I may get it soon ish.

Hmm acording to silverstone it only has a 130 watt TDP. They also said it is not strong enough to support a GPU block as well, even though it has 2 pumps. 

Ok, SilverStone says it will not work with another CPU block, but I doubt that that is true. It uses standard water cooling stuff.