Intel 3570k

ADATA SSD

Corsair 8GB Vengance DDR3 (2x4)

Asrock Z77 Extreme4

Corsair 800W / 80+ Bronze

/ Gigabyte 660Ti 2GB  \

\ Gigabyte 660Ti 2GB  /

post-20739-0-94959100-1368930074.png

:) Hey so I'm researching into my build before I start buying but I need help. I'm going to type up everything I'm thinking so hopefully you can understand my goal.

The goal is to crank up those graphics and get the most performance I can. Overclocking if possible
I am not too concerned about the heat factor if I can keep it within acceptable ranges. 

I want to OC the 3570k but not until I have bought a water cooler.

I want to overclock both 660ti

With my budget I am thinking of getting one 660ti and getting the second 660ti in a month or two whilst also saving for the water cooler.

My questions are:

1. I am looking at a Corsair H80 for cooling, is this adequate If I want to OC to about 4.4ghz?

2. When the CPU water cooler is installed, will the stock coolers on both the 660Ti be enough cooling to overclock? (case = 5 intake fans)

3. I have heard NVIDIA cards are power hungry. Will 800w be sufficient power for all the components including the cooler + overclocking?

4. Will the motherboard and CPU I have chosen bottleneck the bandwidth of the cards greatly? (I understand bottlenecking

always occurs)

I would greatly appreciate any concerns or advice as to how I should go about this  :) 

post-20739-0-94959100-1368930074.png

The corsair h80i is adequate, but the h100i is a better choice if you really want to lower your temps. The 400r is compatible with the h100i. The stock fans on the Gigabyte GTX 660tis will definitely be enough to overclock, and 800w is probably a little excessive for your build. While Nvidia cards can be power hungry, two 660tis still do not really warrant getting an 800w power supply. 

However, if you are still in the planning stage for your build, you should definitely wait for Haswell and GTX 7xx, potentially out the end of this month/early June. 

jonsey18,

I would say that the H80 is a good cooler and be able to handle the overclock but at the 4.4Ghz Target I would suggest a H110 or H100i.

The Gigabyte card you have selected is plenty of cooling for overclocking as I may warn you though don't expect to push it much as this is already an overclocked card. 800 is enough for the base setup with overclocking under load it might not be enough. You can get much cheaper 660 Ti cards and use the extra money for a 1000w power supply as an  overclocked CPU Under load can take well over the Stock TDP or power especially a 4.4 GHZ 3570k.

Very Respectfully

Sk8ermanblue

CPU: AMD FX 6300 @4.2GHZ | MSI 970A-G 46| Gskill Sniper 2X4GB 2400| Samsung 840 EVO 120GB| NZXT Phantom 410 gunmetal|

Apevia 680W Iceberg| HIS R9-270X| WD green 3TB| 

1. The h80 is enough for 4.4ghz.

2. The stock coolers are enough to overclock the gpus

3. 700w is enough for the two cards

4. The motherboard is fine for the two cards

Here's what I would do: http://gyazo.com/73e2edcc7d49d042ab109440e6bbf7c1

Wait for haswell and maxwell (gtx 700's) and get a single 770/780. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks for the help :) Might wait a bit and see what the prices are like on haswell and maxwell. Thanks! :)