the L-bomb?!

cluelessgenius

hey guys, 

so since i dont know who to ask anymore i thought id pass this one on to you. 

do you think people use the word way too casually so that it has lost in power? also how many people have you told you loved them? and how does one respond if confronted with the situation without being ready to say the same? are you one of those people who tell each others they love each other after only 2 weeks or in those lines? 

me personally i struggle with responding to the L-bomb because i think girls throw it way to early and when i dont lie and do the same im an asshole. i dont think you can just love someone you learn to love someone and that involves getting to know them. therefore you cant love someone after fucking for a month or so. sure you find them attractive and maybe also like them alot but love is so casually used. to love someone should mean to die for them so they could live and sorry but after 4 weeks i may get fucked up by some dude who harasses them for them but if he has a gun ... im out ... im not risking my life for them so therefore i dont love them yet how can they say they do. as if she would give me a kidney if i needed one... hell no she is not ... and thats ok ...

so to stop my rant i gonna ask again : do you think "LOVE" is used too casually? how often/fast do you use it and how would/should you react if the other person in your relationship is faster in evolving these feelings than you? Let me know what you think and thanks for your time.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I think this question is best suited for Yahoo answers..... all joking aside loving someone doesnt nessecarily mean you would die for them lol

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

L bomb is rarely ever used in Japan. It is way overused in America, at least in high school. Date someone for a week and they'll swear they love you more than your family does. 

I should be studying.

It hasn't lost it's meaning, but teens missuse it to describe simple romances which isn't true love.

exactly so how can i take someone like that even seriously?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I don't think i've said it more than 5-6 times in my entire life.. And that's when i've been nagged into saying it.
I prefer to let my actions speak instead

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I think this question is best suited for Yahoo answers..... all joking aside loving someone doesnt nessecarily mean you would die for them lol

well i use what i have and i like too ask people who are some what like me ("techies" in this case) 

also that was just an example maybe not the best still i hope i got my point across.

exactly so how can i take someone like that even seriously?

You can't... It's that simple. I sure as hell don't take the l-word serious from people my age

I do believe that that word gets thrown around too much these days, in fact personal I think we are losing what it actually means to love someone, sure you say I love you to your parents but to love someone outside of your family is a different meaning and I believe kids these days, and losing all meaning to this word, is just another word we say. They don't truly know the feeling. In my life time which I know is very short I didn't say I love you to my boyfriend till we had been together for at least 2 years and yet looking back on that now i'm not even sure that I meant it for a person that age, looking back now I can't really convince my older self now that I truly meant it/ or understood.

I am happy little Vegemite.

Well, I mean, yesterday I told @tmcclelland455 that I love him, so I obviously don't use it casually.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

It hasn't lost it's meaning, but teens missuse it to describe simple romances which isn't true love.

Eh, who are you to say what love truly is...

Well, I love ice cream. 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Eh, who are you to say what love truly is...

I am not one to say what love truly is, I am simply stating that there's different levels of romance and that a normal human being doesn't reach the highest level of affection after a few days.

I am not one to say what love truly is, I am simply stating that there's different levels of romance and that a normal human being doesn't reach the highest level of affection after a few days.

No, I know, but nobody can define what it is. :P

I do believe that that word gets thrown around too much these days, in fact personal I think we are losing what it actually means to love someone, sure you say I love you to your parents but to love someone outside of your family is a different meaning and I believe kids these days, and losing all meaning to this word, is just another word we say. They don't truly know the feeling. In my life time which I know is very short I didn't say I love you to my boyfriend till we had been together for at least 2 years and yet looking back on that now i'm not even sure that I meant it for a person that age, looking back now I can't really convince my older self now that I truly meant it/ or understood.

first of all... you claim to be 16 so you told your boyfreind of 2 years you loved him and talk about it like "looking back now" means that was also like 2years ago minimum...

...so what? - you are agreeing with me on it getting way to casually used but also wanna tell me that at aproximatly 12 years old you told your "boyfriend" (which i have a problem with i the first place at that age) that you loved him ?...i don know what to say except that yoiu shouldnt even talk about a boyfriend at 12 that sounds ridiculous to people.

Secondly even with 16 years old i think you are still not capable of understanding it fully at least i wasnt.

i didnt want to offend you with this. the math of it just kinda got under my skin a bit.

That's right, but you know if what you are feeling is love. 

Everyone can define, but for one to define it, one must feel what it's like to be in love and it will be different for everyone

There has to be some give and take. I've only ever told one person I loved them and that was many years ago, even with my previous girlfriend who I was with for months, I never once said it and I never plan to again. That;s really extreme, I think that it should be said more often than that, but a lot less often than other people I know who say it to everyone who "pleases" them

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

bugs_doing_a_facepalm___remake_by_super_great now i got 15-16 year olds talking about what love actually means -.- god damn it 

WHAT IS LOVE?! BABY DON'T HURT ME! DON'T HURT ME! NO MORE!

great now i got 15-16 year olds talking about what love actually means -.- god damn it 

Yeah... I could have told you that would happen. Sorry.

WHAT IS LOVE?! BABY DON'T HURT ME! DON'T HURT ME! NO MORE!

Yeah... I could have told you that would happen. Sorry.

yeah i should have known it on my own. -.- 

first of all... you claim to be 16 so you told your boyfreind of 2 years you loved him and talk about it like "looking back now" means that was also like 2years ago minimum...

...so what? - you are agreeing with me on it getting way to casually used but also wanna tell me that at aproximatly 12 years old you told your "boyfriend" (which i have a problem with i the first place at that age) that you loved him ?...i don know what to say except that yoiu shouldnt even talk about a boyfriend at 12 that sounds ridiculous to people.

Secondly even with 16 years old i think you are still not capable of understanding it fully at least i wasnt.

i didnt want to offend you with this. the math of it just kinda got under my skin a bit.

Looking back I meant a year, I am talking back when I was 14 till about 16. (Yes I know that is still young, but at that age many people think they are ready to take that dive, and even though I was young I do believe I got some 'life experience from it)

And yes I am agreeing with you that it is thrown around to casually it has lost all meaning, and yes maybe I am not  'capable' of understanding what it is "love.

But that what I was trying to make my point about, maybe people have been desensitized to what it is like to be 'in love', older people have the life experience in this subject, they have that knowledge to understand it, but people these days they get their 'life experience' by seeing what people do on:

- Facebook

- Tv shows/ Movies

-  Social networking cites

That's all they have to go off, basically what monkey see, monkey does and without that real life experience what are these kids meant to do?

Also don't worry it didn't offend, you were just making appoint.

bugs_doing_a_facepalm___remake_by_super_great now i got 15-16 year olds talking about what love actually means -.- god damn it 

Eyy, don't look at me, I stand firmly by my statement that it's not something one can define.

Looking back I meant a year, I am talking back when I was 14 till about 16. (Yes I know that is still young, but at that age many people think they are ready to take that dive, and even though I was young I do believe I got some 'life experience from it)

And yes I am agreeing with you that it is thrown around to casually it has lost all meaning, and yes maybe I am not  'capable' of understanding what it is "love.

But that what I was trying to make my point about, maybe people have been desensitized to what it is like to be 'in love', older people have the life experience in this subject, they have that knowledge to understand it, but people these days they get their 'life experience' by seeing what people do on:

- Facebook

- Tv shows/ Movies

-  Social networking cites

That's all they have to go off, basically what monkey see, monkey does and without that real life experience what are these kids meant to do?

Also don't worry it didn't offend, you were just making appoint.

well see i get that kids see all those idols and cool people say it and do it so they want to be like but thats exactly what im talking about i cant take someone seriously if they talk all day about stuff they cant possibly understand because they are too young/lack the experience (which is basicly the same even though i have meet 30 years old whining like a bitch where you would go "dude get some perspective") - and thats basicly it perspective is what you need before you really throw around words you dont understand. i think people are acting more times than they are actually feeling something. its not that they love you they just know they are supposed to feel and they that after so and so time dating

Eyy, don't look at me, I stand firmly by my statement that it's not something one can define.

yes and youre right but i was more looking for the answer of someone who had an actual relationship and sorry even if you might like to call it that , till you are in your 20 its not a relationship. nobody fucking marrys someone they dated when they were 15 those "relationships" are bullshit (yes i said it) kids PLAY the relationship game where they act and talk like what they see from the grown ups and dont tell me 15 year old girls whining to her bffs about how justin totally cheated on her with that bitch patrice by holding her hand in the parking lot is a "serious relationship" -  BS.