Laptop/Ultrabook/Notebook Help

I'm a student starting university in September. I'm gonna need a relatively good laptop, as I will be studying computer science.

I've been looking around and ASUS Taichi, Zenbook, Lenovo Yoga and XPS 11 have caught my eye.

Any recommendations from you guys would be great.

~$1600 CAD is my upper limit.

Also, gaming on this is a non issue since i have a desktop, it would be primarily used for student things. 

surface pro 3 :trolololololololol: uh the yoga is a pretty good tablet for the cost

no touchscreen these days and retina display is nothing fancy when compared to yoga 2 pro or 4k displays.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

no touchscreen these days and retina display is nothing fancy when compared to yoga 2 pro or 4k displays.

check the comparison chart.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

check the comparison chart.

i wouldn't buy a laptop without touch screen anyway and macs are only comparable in prices in usa. in my country macs are 30-50% more expensive than the stuff you compared them too.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

i wouldn't buy a laptop without touch screen anyway and macs are only comparable in prices in usa. in my country macs are 30-50% more expensive than the stuff you compared them too.

I don't get the big deal with touch screens. Seems awkward to use

I don't get the big deal with touch screens. Seems awkward to use

touchpad is the most awkward thing known to man so touchscreen is not worse in any way.

Spoiler

touchpad is the most awkward thing known to man so touchscreen is not worse in any way.

I need to try touchscreen laptop. Apparently Linus loves them.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-NP940X3G-K04US-13-3-Inch-Touchscreen-Mineral/dp/B00F6EOB8C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404628020&sr=8-2&keywords=samsung+ativ+9+plus

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-NP940X3G-K04US-13-3-Inch-Touchscreen-Mineral/dp/B00F6EOB8C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404628020&sr=8-2&keywords=samsung+ativ+9+plus

I'll get the second one and upgrade the RAM and SSD capacity.
The flagship seems a bit overpriced for an i7, more ram, and higher SSD capacity.

They both have the same graphics, so suit whatever is better for you. 

61FLknuuW3L._SL1500_.jpg

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Well i need the same thing, but my price limit is near 1000$. I am not sure if I need a good laptop, just for typing and browsing but something that would last me the day and is light and sleek. Macbook sounds intresting but right now i am looking into pc version as I am a PC MASTER RACE kinda guy.

I'll get the second one and upgrade the RAM and SSD capacity.

The flagship seems a bit overpriced for an i7, more ram, and higher SSD capacity.

They both have the same graphics, so suit whatever is better for you. 

Apparently the RAM is soldered in :(