Can't record in 720p/1080p

Spookas

Hello, I have a problem for a while now. The problem is that I can't record anything higher than 480p. The quality is really bad and I can't do anything.  Any software I use from OBS to Fraps, including DxTory and Action! I get the same shitty quality.

And now my shitty little rig that I have:

b2bc59e7c8.png

P.S Maybe I'm missing some piece of software? I remember everything was fine before.

It's not so much your hardware as it is how the software is setup....

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

It's not so much your hardware as it is how the software is setup....

I know, but just in case. :) 

I ALWAYS update my GPU drivers, I've tried installing some codecs... That's pretty much it.

I would try also using update software, I use Camtasia for a long time but it was getting really bad, then I  "obtained" the newest version and it ran flawlessly.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

maybe your hdd got slow overtime.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I would try also using update software, I use Camtasia for a long time but it was getting really bad, then I  "obtained" the newest version and it ran flawlessly.

Okay, thanks. I forgot about Camtasia. :D

Yeah, maybe. I've noticed that. 

P.S Sveikas. :D

Okay, thanks. I forgot about Camtasia. :D

No problem!

Soo... I've tried camtasia. It records, but in that same shitty quality. Anyone out there with a solution?

Soo... I've tried camtasia. It records, but in that same shitty quality. Anyone out there with a solution?

Your hardware isn't really up for it. Either ram or cpus encoding power caps the quality. MSI Afterburner is one to try but I think you will end up with shitty quality on that too. Lower bitrates to make it smoother, but that will take chunk of quality too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Your hardware isn't really up for it. Either ram or cpus encoding power caps the quality. MSI Afterburner is one to try but I think you will end up with shitty quality on that too. Lower bitrates to make it smoother, but that will take chunk of quality too.

Thank you for the response. I'll try lowering the bitrate. But the most odd thing is that about a half year ago I used to be able to record in 720/1080p. Like mentioned before, probably my HDD is getting slower overtime. :D

Thank you for the response. I'll try lowering the bitrate. But the most odd thing is that about a half year ago I used to be able to record in 720/1080p. Like mentioned before, probably my HDD is getting slower overtime. :D

Oh, ok. In that case maybe try to defrag it. And remove some files you don't need. Drives tend to get slower as they are filled up.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Drives tend to get slower as they are filled up.

Yeah, I know that. I'll try to defrag it. :)

Edit:

Thank you guys for the help. Maybe my hardware isn't up for it. Oh well, nevermind. I'm going to build a new PC soon anyways. :)