Notifications through headphones

Cs342

Hi guys, when I plug my headphones into my HTC One M8, the notifications are still sounding through the speakers instead of the headphones. I can't find an option in the sound settings to fix this and the headphones are plugged in completely. Does anyone have a solution?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

If you want notification to go through the headset, but not speakers, try SoundAbout in Google Play. Just un-check the "Notification to speaker" option.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

If you want notification to go through the headset, but not speakers, try SoundAbout in Google Play. Just un-check the "Notification to speaker" option.

Is there a way to do this without a third-party app? It seems quite silly that HTC wouldn't allow users to listen to notifications through headphones...

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Is there a way to do this without a third-party app? It seems quite silly that HTC wouldn't allow users to listen to notifications through headphones...

No idea, haven't used Android since my backlight broke :/

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ