New Zealand: Slingshot Internet Users now have access to US services like Netflix and Hulu

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11287718

Usually NZ users have, in the past, been required to use VPNs in order to access US sites like Netflix and Hulu, however Slingshot (ISP) have made a deal with a couple of Hollywood studios to have their films streamed through US only services. The fact that this is official is nice but will mean that if the very 'un-net neutral' plan for ISPs to charge netflix extra for bandwidth goes ahead, it might cause prices to jump up, and no-one will bother with Slingshot (not that many people have to begin with).

TVNZ on Demand is ok but the bitrate is terrible and most internet connections make US speeds seem decades ahead. When we want something with decent quality and in a relatively short time period, New Zealanders use the Pirate Bay.

I my opinion if we had relatively cheap, legitimate and high quality online film streaming service(s) in New Zealand I would absolutely pay for it, film piracy would also take a hit. The same

way Steam has crippled video game piracy, and Spotify has taken a chunk out of music piracy.

netflix would make so much money if it was world wide...

You know what else would make a lot more money if it was worldwide? the NVIDIA Shield.

ISPs to charge netflix extra for bandwidth goes ahead, it might cause prices to jump up

This has already happened.

You know what else would make a lot more money if it was worldwide? the NVIDIA Shield.

yeah,i really want to buy a shield but shipping it from the USA costs quite a bit....

This has already happened.

In the US yes but not in NZ though.