CPU issue

Cruiseshipfan
Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

hmm try running from the onboard display

just be sure if it a GPU problem

try running only 2 sticks of RAM

Pretty much all the time my CPU (Intel 3570k) runs at a temperature of 30-40 degrees on idle, and gets up to around 50-60 under load. However this morning when I turned on it on the temp went straight up to +90 degrees and it shut down to save the CPU.I thought it was a little straight but I knew I hadn't cleaned it in awhile, so I opened it up and completely cleaned the entire PC. Turns out that there was very little dust in radiator of my H60 (in push pull with two corsair SP fans). When I put it all back together it loaded the bios screen then the windows load screen but as soon as that was gone the screen kept going from off (the backlights were off) to a black (the backlights were on but there was nothing but black), after a few cycles of that it will then go to a light blue screen with the only thing other then that shade of blue where a few blocks of random colours. 

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

spec of you PC?

can you reseat the watercooling block?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

spec of you PC?

can you reseat the watercooling block?

I think I have all my specs in my signature. 

Yea I gave that a shot when I did the big clean.

Did you clean out the graphics card heatsink and the power supply? Also what are your specs?

I think I have all my specs in my signature.

Yea I cleaned the PSU and the GPU. The GPU is not perfectly clean as I don't have any compressed air to help clean it out but its much cleaner then before but it wasn't really that dusty anyway and it was getting really low temps anyway. 

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Ok I have managed to solve the issue by following this. I used the onboard graphics and windows showed that it had an error, it fixed itself up. I then plugged my 7970 back in and it was working. So it seems as thought there was some issue that was causing the display to go strange when using my GPU but not the onboard graphics and once windows fixed it the GPU worked again. My cpu temps are now sitting in the 20-30 degree area. Just doesn't make sense why the temp went up to +90 before it was hardly dusty, so hopefully it was a one of thing and was just a windows bug.

Ah, sorry didn't see that. Did you give reseating everything a try? e.g. pulling out all the power connectors, CPU, GPU, etc?

And do you have another power supply that you could test your system with?

And do what the guy above me said as well

I only added it as soon as I finish posting, so you may of already read the post before I had finished it.

My PC:

Ok I have managed to solve the issue by following this. I used the onboard graphics and windows showed that it had an error, it fixed itself up. I then plugged my 7970 back in and it was working. So it seems as thought there was some issue that was causing the display to go strange when using my GPU but not the onboard graphics and once windows fixed it the GPU worked again. My cpu temps are now sitting in the 20-30 degree area. Just doesn't make sense why the temp went up to +90 before it was hardly dusty, so hopefully it was a one of thing and was just a windows bug.

I only added it as soon as I finish posting, so you may of already read the post before I had finished it.

just for a good measure just update the AMD drivers to 14.4

just for a good measure just update the AMD drivers to 14.4

I think I may already have it but I will check that. Thanks for the help.

My PC: