Help with installing new GPU

SeaGull

I'm trying to install a new Amd R7 260x graphics card for a friend. I have put the card in the machine and connected all of the required cables. However at PC startup I have only a black screen. If I plug the VGA cable back into the onboard graphics port the computer works as normal. In catalyst control centre under hardware I have the onboard graphics labeled as the display adapter. But underneath is a disabled hardware section. Here the 260x is listed. I'm stuck as I assume I need to make the GPU the primary display adapter. But I can't find this anywhere in the bios. Please help as this is money wasted if I can't get this to work.

Look harder for it in the BIOS? Just because you cant find it doesnt mean it isnt there. What motherboard is it so we can try to help you find it.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Boot the PC with the VGA cable atached to the motherboard, enter the BIOS and disable "On board graphics", you save changes, turn off PC, plug VGA cable in GPU and now you have video output.

EDIT: Sorry, what model is his motherboard?

msi a55m-p33 is the motherboard. When the PC starts I click delete and it takes me to a screen that looks like a bios but doesn't actually say bios. It to s very different to my own one. 

Hopefully you can see the image. This is the screen that comes up.gZFrnKJ.jpg

Hopefully you can see the image. This is the screen that comes up.gZFrnKJ.jpg

Take a foto of the "Advanced" setup

9xoHFyj.jpgthis is the advanced tab sorry its a bit blurry.

"PEG" was already selected i belived it stood for Pci Express Graphics so i left it as is. i have found nothing else in the "bios" to change between onboard and pci graphics. also mentioned earlier was updating bios. however as far as i can see this says bios is version 2.0 and on msi website that is the newest available version to download.

"PEG" was already selected i belived it stood for Pci Express Graphics so i left it as is. i have found nothing else in the "bios" to change between onboard and pci graphics. also mentioned earlier was updating bios. however as far as i can see this says bios is version 2.0 and on msi website that is the newest available version to download.

Then is not detecting the card, update the BIOS. What PSU do you have? Maybe that's the problem..

the psu is a corsair cx 600. I had thought about this as a problem and this is what i had installed today. which is why i posted this as it still hadn't fixed it. the computer detects the card once windows has loaded though. which is why it is even more confusing. and all i can think of now would be to reinstall the bios. and hope for the best. but i have never done a bios update before and am a bit sceptical about this.

the psu is a corsair cx 600. I had thought about this as a problem and this is what i had installed today. which is why i posted this as it still hadn't fixed it. the computer detects the card once windows has loaded though. which is why it is even more confusing. and all i can think of now would be to reinstall the bios. and hope for the best. but i have never done a bios update before and am a bit sceptical about this.

So: Windows detects it but the BIOS don't, that's why doesn't choose it as the main graphics adaptor. So: The card works, there's no issue with Windows or the PSU. The Graphics card is already selected in the BIOS, so the motherboard isn't detecting the GPU. I'm pretty sure that an update will fix this.

update to the bios? thank you for your help. i will try this next time i get around to the PC. hopefully it works ill have to go watch some youtube to make sure im doing it correctly.