Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead drop GameSpy, move to Steam

Almercenary

Better than EA...

Good move as it's still a thriving community.

I'm just filling space now

Really, I am.

"Besides the numerous fixes and optimizations which were introduced during the 1.63 beta program which covered almost a 2 year period for this iteration of the engine, the update focuses on the transition of the multiplayer from GameSpy matchmaking to Steam," writes Bohemia Interactive's Korneel van 't Land.

And if you bought retail.

Naturally, the update requires Steam to function. Those with retail copies can now transfer Arma 2, and all of its DLCs and expansions, by adding their CD Key to Steam's Product Activation.

And this which is cooooool

While Bohemia's older games won't be transferring to Steam, Bohemia have created a new Master Server list for server owners to join. Using this list, players will be able to directly connect to servers for games such as Arma 1, Arma: Cold War Assault and Take On Helicopters.

Basically Bohemia is being the good guy that EA isn't.

Seeing as games like BFBC2 is relying on community servers really, this is pretty good to see.

Sauce: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/01/arma-2-operation-arrowhead-and-dayz-mod-drop-gamespy-move-to-steam/

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

The option for GameSpy servers on Arma 3 have also disappeared recently    

Neat.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen