My current choices in parts are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Mini ITX

CPU: Intel i5 3570k

SSD(s):??????

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy black

Cooling: Corsair H100i

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD7970 3gb OC

Memory: Corsair dominator platinum 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz

Monitor (for at home, i most likely wont be playing games with it):???????

PSU: Corsair CX750 V3 

What would be appropriate parts for the SSD and monitor that are relatively inexpensive and fast.  Also, if you have any ideas of how I could price cut that would be extremely helpful to. I have a lot of trust in the dominator ram however i do realize how pricey it is. If anyone could mention reliable but cheaper 16 gig (2x8) that would be good. Anything to cut price but keep gaming performance and quick boot times would be great.  Also, id like to have 2 SSDs (maybe in raid) and i was wondering where i could stick the second one in a bitfenix prodigy (after all the HDD cages have been taken out). I am fully open to ideas.  If i end up changing the whole build, thats fine by me as i want the best lan rig i can get for around the budget of this build. Also, is it worth my while water cooling later on when i get the funds??

Thanks

It doesn't really matter what SSD you pick unless you need some of that enterprise stuff.

What worries me about your build is your cheapo psu.

You only need something like a 500W psu for all of that. Seasonic makes a gold rated 550w that's modular for 10 bucks less, I think.

I'm just going to leave this here.....

I'd get ANY cheaper 1600 ram. The samsung 840/pro is a good ssd.

The psu could be lowered to 500w but 600w is better for headroom and better psu temps.

The 7950 is a better bang for your buck.

The motherboard is overkill and I think a cheaper one with wireless lan/bluetooth wouldn't be too hard to find.

What size of a monitor are you thinking of? Multiple monitors maybe?

Mostly importantly, what's your budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'd get ANY cheaper 1600 ram. The samsung 840/pro is a good ssd.

The psu could be lowered to 500w but 600w is better for headroom and better psu temps.

The 7950 is a better bang for your buck.

The motherboard is overkill and I think a cheaper one with wireless lan/bluetooth wouldn't be too hard to find.

What size of a monitor are you thinking of? Multiple monitors maybe?

Mostly importantly, what's your budget?

Im thinking of a 21-24inch maybe, probably around 200,250 dollars

Ok, so im making an itx PC to take to lans ect

My current choices in parts are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Mini ITX

CPU: Intel i5 3570k

SSD(s):??????

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy black

Cooling: Corsair H100i

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD7970 3gb OC

Memory: Corsair dominator platinum 16gb (2x8) 1866mhz

Monitor (for at home, i most likely wont be playing games with it):???????

PSU: Corsair CX750 V3 

What would be appropriate parts for the SSD and monitor that are relatively inexpensive and fast.  Also, if you have any ideas of how I could price cut that would be extremely helpful to. I have a lot of trust in the dominator ram however i do realize how pricey it is. If anyone could mention reliable but cheaper 16 gig (2x8) that would be good. Anything to cut price but keep gaming performance and quick boot times would be great.  Also, id like to have 2 SSDs (maybe in raid) and i was wondering where i could stick the second one in a bitfenix prodigy (after all the HDD cages have been taken out). I am fully open to ideas.  If i end up changing the whole build, thats fine by me as i want the best lan rig i can get for around the budget of this build. Also, is it worth my while water cooling later on when i get the funds??

Thanks

Moved to NB&P

Im thinking of a 21-24inch maybe, probably around 200,250 dollars

$200 is a bit much to be spending on a monitor that size. I was hoping you could tell me your overall budget for all the parts.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

$200 is a bit much to be spending on a monitor that size. I was hoping you could tell me your overall budget for all the parts.

Indeed

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Yeah, well i was thinking of spending 1.5k on the build, maybe a bit more 1.8k or something, i am running a budget as i dont want to waste money on it like i did my home rig. Also, i have 3 titans in my home rig, could i take one of them out and put it in the betfenix as im never going to use it in the near future.

Yeah, well i was thinking of spending 1.5k on the build, maybe a bit more 1.8k or something, i am running a budget as i dont want to waste money on it like i did my home rig. Also, i have 3 titans in my home rig, could i take one of them out and put it in the betfenix as im never going to use it in the near future.

Omagerd, totally do so. 3 titans is overkill.

Try something like this with the titan: http://gyazo.com/d007fb4ba361509c0b4c3779206c20cf

Slap that inside your case^^^

I'd get a bigger monitor like this. : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236103

The titan shouldn't have to push a single 23". It would be a bit sad.

1.5k is a bit much for me for a prodigy build if you already have a titan you can use. 1.2k is a better sweet spot for me on a build like this.

Personally, I'd get something like 12tb of storage in a full/mid atx tower with 1.5k.

Omagerd, totally do so. 3 titans is overkill.

Try something like this with the titan: http://gyazo.com/d007fb4ba361509c0b4c3779206c20cf

Slap that inside your case^^^

I'd get a bigger monitor like this. : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236103

The titan shouldn't have to push a single 23". It would be a bit sad.

1.5k is a bit much for me for a prodigy build if you already have a titan you can use. 1.2k is a better sweet spot for me on a build like this.

Personally, I'd get something like 12tb of storage in a full/mid atx tower with 1.5k.

Thanks, helped a lot, im not very good with small PCs so I really had no idea