Twitter's 'Buy Now' shopping button shows up in tweets

Dietrichw

Source

Source2

Twitter-Buy-Now.jpg

Damn $250000000 thermostat 

The tweets were first discovered by tech-news site Recode (since yanked) , and the while the buttons appear in both the Timeline and expanded-tweet view, nothing happens when you actually click on the button.

The button only appears on mobile, and doesn't appear on Twitter's web version.

It's possible that the button appeared as an experiment for the service — Twitter is known to experiment often — or it could also be an accidental release. Fancy has accidentally revealed Twitter-related information before, according to Recode.

Twitter did not immediately respond to Mashable's request for comment, although this isn't the first time a "Buy now" button has been rumored for the service. A Wall Street Journal report from April claimed that multiple ad types were on the way for Twitter, including shoppable Twitter ads.

The "Buy now" button appears to be similar to the "Download" button that shows up in app-install ads. That same WSJ report said Twitter is also testing a "click-to-call" button that would connect users with the company that published the tweet.

This won't be of any use to me but interesting 

Oh god. Those 'I lost weight in three weeks with this new product!" spammers could only get worse/more dangerous if this gets implemented. If such a thing happens I hope they can control its use or it could be chaos.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |