GPU/Motherboard Problem?

Smitty

I have recently been experiencing issues with my PC. A few days ago I left my computer on while I went out for a couple of hours to download something. When I came back I found that my computer had turned itself off. I then tried turning on the computer and it powered up fine but nothing was displayed on either of my monitors.

The first thing I tried was to move my graphics card to the other PCI express slot on my motherboard and the same issue occurred. I then tried another graphics card in both slots and the same thing happened. What I did notice was that on my R9 270X the fans started spinning for a few seconds, then they stopped for a few seconds and finally they started spinning normally. I suspect that there is something wrong with my motherboard (which the warranty has typically just finished on) but I'm posting here to see if anybody can offer me a second opinion. I have noticed in the last few weeks that the computer has randomly restarted itself a few times however I don't know if this is connected to the issues I have been having.

My Rig: CPU - AMD FX6100 | CPU Cooler - Corsair H80 | GPU - ASUS R9 270X | Mobo - MSI 970A-G43 | Case - NZXT Phantom | Storage - 128GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD and 1TB Western Digital Black | PSU - Corsair CS650M | Main Display - Dell Ultrasharp U2312hm |

I can only suspect a few things:

1. Power supply rails have dropped (Great Wall unit, known to do this).

2. RAM may have gone bad. I've seen bad RAM cause sporadic reboots and then provide a no-POST symptom.

3. Motherboard may indeed be defective.

You'll have to do a 'process of elimination' to find out what's defective in this instance.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

Its not motherboard problem nether graphics card problem.Check our your power option in control panel, check your timing for computer to sleen ot to shutdown.

And if you don't solve your problen check out your temperature of CPU.

Can you switch your power supply? Also check your cables, it's possible something came lose.

Its not motherboard problem nether graphics card problem.Check our your power option in control panel, check your timing for computer to sleen ot to shutdown.

And if you don't solve your problen check out your temperature of CPU.

That is an absolutely useless post. How can you automatically determine that its' not a motherboard nor graphics card problem? :facepalm:

(I don't normally come off like this, but that post made me want to rant).

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.