My first rig

rtizzer

This is my first rig, not just on the forum but my first that I've ever built myself, I'll take any tips I can get! I do plan on getting a noctua NH-D14 and a gtx 660 very soon so ignore the stock cooler and little gt630. I'll start with specs I guess!

CPU: AMD fx-8150 @ 3.6GHz

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

GPU: PNY geforce gt630

PSU: Cooler master silent pro m2 720 watt

Storage: Seagate barracuda 1tb 72krpm hdd media drive, crucial m4 128gb ssd boot drive/programs (I would have gone with a samsung 840 pro but I got this for 60 bucks and couldn't pass it up)

Optical drive: 1 dvd drive lol

Case: Rosewill thor v2 white edition full atx, 1x230mm front intake, 1x230mm side intake, 1x230mm top exhaust, 1x140mm rear exhaust

RAM: Kingston hyperx blu 16gb (8x2) 

Let me know if I missed anything!

I know the pictures are actually just the completed build sorry about that, I actually built it like 2 weeks ago and I didn't know about this forum at the time, but I'd still like opinions and tips! Thanks!

Here's one of just basically the inside/back of the system

post-17989-0-50605000-1368844758.jpg

Here's a better angle of motherboard and hardware, kind of showing off my amateur cbale management skills which I think actually turned out pretty well :)

post-17989-0-77090900-1368844773.jpg

Crucial m4 ssd on top, seagate 1tb hdd on bottom

post-17989-0-33388400-1368844783.jpg

My modular power supply and bottom of graphics cards, basically the bottom.

post-17989-0-41585800-1368844796_thumb.j

the entire thing with the front panel tilted down, fan is plugged in still I was too lazy to go around back and unplug it (even though I went around back like 5 minutes later) I like this picture a lot! It's my whole computer :)

post-17989-0-18628900-1368844810.jpg

Front view of the case, dvd rw drive at the top, front 230mm fan has switchable LED's, 5x5.25 inch bays and 1 that is 5.25 or 3.5

post-17989-0-55959000-1368844823.jpg

Here's where my rookie cable management comes into place, The only way I really know how to do it is push everything around to the back, that's the main reason I got this case is the width, but I did to one thing very clever as you'll see in the next picture

post-17989-0-36250200-1368844835.jpg

It's a bit hard to tell but I actually routed a SATA cable, the one that's plugging into my ssd around the 24 pin and some other cables, I routed it around twice and it holds them in place, kind of used a SATA cable as a ziptie I thought that was pretty cool  :D

post-17989-0-66348600-1368844848_thumb.j

And lastly just a picture of how I did my front panel connections, brought them around and through one of the holes which is what that hole was made for I'm pretty sure, but good thing it was because it worked out great! 

post-17989-0-46011900-1368844860.jpg

So let me know what you guys think of my first build! 

It's funny how a good camera can makes things look so pretty.

I'd fix up the cabling, pulling cords a bit tighter from the back will make things nice and neat.

Although not optimal, the parts work together so that's good. I personally would've gotten the samsung 840 if not for the fact it didn't come out when I was buying an ssd.

Also, you pretty much picked the case I was gonna get for reasons related to Stargate. I ended up getting a NZXT phantom full tower in white.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

WHY would you get a nice expensive PSU but get a CRAPPY graphics card...

WHY would you get a nice expensive PSU but get a CRAPPY graphics card...

He plans on upgrading his graphics card.

Good Morning...

I have the black version of that case and I love it. Nice build overall, it'll be much better when you upgrade your gfx card.

nice. The black and white colours go really nicely together

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

Looks really nice especially for a first time

You cable management is SOO much better than in my first build. Great job!

Nice build for a first timer :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog