Can't Connect To Steam or Origin. (SOLVED)

Hey folks been scratching my head for the past 4 hours trying to figure out what's wrong. I can't connect to either Steam or Origin. Uplay works normally however.

I was away for 3 weeks and came back to this situation. Steam would login and display online friends, however it fails to update any game or access the steam shop.
I uninstalled steam & tried to re-install it but now I get a "Fatal Error" stating that "Steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again"
Origin logs in but in offline mode and refuses to go online or access the EA shop.

Firewall is completely disabled, I don't have any anti-virus software installed & I'm accessing the internet through my router via wifi. Connecting to the router via a network cable isn't viable due to the location of my computer.
My brother is connected to the same router via WiFi as well and he can connect to both Steam & Origin just fine.

I'm using the integrated wifi of the Z77 Mpower motherboard, an Atheros AR9271 is what it's called.
The network connection is called "Wireless Network Connection 2" renaming it to "Wireless Network Connection" fails stating that another network with that name already exists even though I can't find it even after going to the device manager and enabling "view hidden devices" .
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SOLVED : It was internet explorer's fault ( I actually NEVER use it but it was probably due to using Hotspot shield per LTT's recommendation) Turns out internet explorer was set to use a proxy for LAN which is ludicrous.
For anyone with a similar issue go to :
Internet Explorer--> Tools---> Internet Setting---> Connections ---> LAN Setting--> Uncheck "Use a proxy server for LAN"

You should try to make steam account via steam program on your computer rather than making account on their website.

Do you have a firewall that may be preventing them from using the network?

Sorry I should've clarified. Firewall is completely disabled & I don't have any anti-virus software installed.

You should try to make steam account via steam program on your computer rather than making account on their website.

I already have an account. The steam client itself just fails to install on my computer stating that I don't have an internet connection while I actually do.