h105 review

BenD

I've been using the corsair H105 for a while now on my lovely 3930K @ 4,37 Ghz  So it's time to do a review on it:

I haven't swapped fans, i did had a few days use corsairs AF and that simply didn't work, it was silent, but there was no cooling going on.
so i put the stock fans back on and overall it's a good thing.

In the winter it will probarly bug me more, but when i'm rendering and pushing the cpu the fans do ramp up and you can hear it.
But since it's summer i have my rear exhaust fan on max speed for cooling, so i don't notice it at the moment. And it does a good job.
when my cpu is at about 80%  it's overal a 60°C wich isn't bad, although my hyper 412S from cooler master only went a few degrees higher and costs about half.

But then again i didn't buy noctua's or any other fans for this thing, I'm planning on it when i'm going to upgrade my gtx 680's at some point in time.
that being said, the only thing you can hear are the stock fans, the pump in the block is silent, and even when pushing the cpu the pump doesn't make noise so thumbs up!

The thing comes with 3 rings, grey , red & blue, so it should fit in any theme, the grey actually does great and is a neutral color, but in my rog theme i put the red on it.

My conclusion:

the h105 is a very good cooler, if you are in need of a waterblock & are don't want to spend to much on it this thing deserves your attention, it doesn't have corsair link, but i don't miss it, i use speedfan to check temps and as long as those are good i don't have to change my bios settings, and i haven't even once touched them, that should say enough.  The fans are a bit loud but if you have bulky gpu's like me they attend to go louder then the h105 when heavy gaming is going on. And you can allways get better fans like the new noctuas industrial wich i plan to buy when i'm doing upgrades.

Hope you guys liked this little review :)

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

photos?

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

photos?

they are in my build log & i will add them soon here, but something isn't working , can't upload anything

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/