Computer Repair and Sales shop

hellyt6

It's my dream to one day own my own computer shop... And not some small town job, I mean something big. A franchise even, of just like, little 1000 sq-ft computer shops all over the US and Canada offering true repairs and installations and new computers to everyone, but... The issue is? Trying to start it in a small town like mine. Does anyone have any tips? Maybe offer me some business? I'm good at what I do, and I'll only be hiring people that know what they're doing. Also, if anyone has a name better than Ctrl-Alt-Delete Task Managers, let me know :D

Current Build: Intel i5-3570k @3.8GHz; MSI-Z77-G41; 8GB Corsair Ballistix @1600MHz; EVGA SSC GTX 650TI 2GB; Adata SX900 128GB; Western Digital Green 1TB; Asus CD burner; Corsair HX750 750 Watt power supply; Cooler Master HAF-912.

You should start from home first. Offer friends and family repairs and upgrades. You need to establish a reputation first. Word of mouth will get around, very slowly at first, then at some point it will just literally explode demand wise. At that point you can look at an actual brick and mortar store. Running from home over the internet, via family and friends word of mouth is the best and cheapest way to start.

I say all this based upon a friend of mine I've known for 4  years now. He has always tinkered at offering repairs, PC builds and repairs. It always seemed to me that he could not get enough interest in what he was doing to make anything serious of his endeavors., but just recently his work load has exploded for him. He still works from home but the amount of work he is doing has increased dramatically. I don't see him bothering to run a brick and mortar store, but he won't need to either. All his work comes over the internet and word of mouth from happy clients.

Good luck.

You should start from home first. Offer friends and family repairs and upgrades. You need to establish a reputation first. Word of mouth will get around, very slowly at first, then at some point it will just literally explode demand wise. At that point you can look at an actual brick and mortar store. Running from home over the internet, via family and friends word of mouth is the best and cheapest way to start.

I say all this based upon a friend of mine I've known for 4  years now. He has always tinkered at offering repairs, PC builds and repairs. It always seemed to me that he could not get enough interest in what he was doing to make anything serious of his endeavors., but just recently his work load has exploded for him. He still works from home but the amount of work he is doing has increased dramatically. I don't see him bothering to run a brick and mortar store, but he won't need to either. All his work comes over the internet and word of mouth from happy clients.

Good luck.

Thank you, I'm trying that as we speak but it is slow to start, kinda discouraging..

Current Build: Intel i5-3570k @3.8GHz; MSI-Z77-G41; 8GB Corsair Ballistix @1600MHz; EVGA SSC GTX 650TI 2GB; Adata SX900 128GB; Western Digital Green 1TB; Asus CD burner; Corsair HX750 750 Watt power supply; Cooler Master HAF-912.

Don't give up. Its the first few years that will be hard and slow. It will seem like you are not getting any bigger then at some point it will take off. It's the same with most for most small businesses. The one I worked for ran for 12 years before I joined. It was 4 guys working in a converted garage in the backyard of one of their houses. It was then after another year they took the plunge and leased a large factory office premises. It was a huge risk but after another year the business just took off. Not because they moved out, but because they persevered at home so to speak for a long enough time to develop their reputation in the industry.

Rather than a store you could consider investing a in small car that you get adorned with your business name. Brightly coloured. Let you store be your car and take it to your customers. Great cheap advertising always being seen around town.

Rather than a store you could consider investing a in small car that you get adorned with your business name. Brightly coloured. Let you store be your car and take it to your customers. Great cheap advertising always being seen around town.

Heh, I'll put signs all over my Camaro xD

Laso pamphlets in letter boxes are quite good and cheap way of advertising. But word of mouth is always the best :) I've started a small business fixing student's laptops and computers at my university, I offer super competitive prices! :)

#!