what are good

SLPNTIM

games that have a good story line like mafia 1 and 2 that i can buy from steam preferably steam sale. the open world will be a plus. gta 4 i already have and finished so anything else. don't like gore too much so thanks in advance also how is payday 2?

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Payday 2 seems like a great game at first, but it gets so repetitive with little reward. The progression in the game is way too slow, you steal hundreds of thousands of dollars, you get a few grand to yourself and then half that goes to an offshore account you can never touch. The progression tree seems good, you just get so little reward when you spend 20+ minutes on a robbery that it depresses you because you aren't getting any of the "cool" features of the game. Then you go back and play the same handful of maps over and over, I think I put in about 6 hours of the game. I barely unlocked anything and was sick of the same maps when I quit playing. 

However one thing that could make a difference is if you play with friends. In that case I think the experience would be better. But still its a massive time sink/grinding game to get where you want to be. It's not bad, but it's not great either. I wanted to enjoy the game, just the turtle slow progression killed it.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

games that have a good story line like mafia 1 and 2 that i can buy from steam preferably steam sale. the open world will be a plus. gta 4 i already have and finished so anything else. don't like gore too much so thanks in advance also how is payday 2?

Just Stay away from payday 2 it's boredom just play the demo on stem if you want to try it but trust me you don't want to spend your money on this crap -_-

any other games that you guys would recommend with a good story line to it. and cutscenes. 

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

any other games that you guys would recommend with a good story line to it. and cutscenes. 

Best story line in my opinion Assassin's Creed 2 also

-Mafia 2

-Max Payen 3

There's the bioshock trilogy for 15 bucks on steam at the moment, definitely recommended. I'm giving away a copy of crysis 2 at the moment by the way, if you're interested to give it a shot click the link in my signature :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Sleeping Dogs is like a John Woo, Jackie Chan, and other Hong Kong action films. The Far Cry Collection is $15, too and is decent in story depending on how you look at them - 2 is like Heart of Darkness and 3 is supposedly similar to Alice in Wonderland, hence, the quotes during certain loading sections. Spec Ops: The Line isn't open-world, but it's a dark and twisted story. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is good as well. Bastion and Transistor aren't open-world, but they also have good stories. Dishonored has an pseudo-open-world, but it has a good revenge/justice story. How about the Batman: Arkham series? The Stanley Parable is a parody on game design and has an "open-world".

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Maxpayne 1,2,3. 1 & 2 being the better ones.

Bully is a bunch of fun.

Older GTA's. SA and vice are my two favs. 3 is OK to.

Sleeping dogs is fun and decent story line.. Can get slightly gruesome.

Saints row 2 is a bit of a laugh with decent storyline. Get gentlemen of the row though.

Alan wake (can't comment on American Nightmare) is a great game. Story is good. A bit linear.

Far Cry 2 and 3. I'd have a look first. They're fps.

Batman Arkham city if you just want to bash the shit out of everything and not kill people -_-

Tomb Raider (re-boot)

The mass effect series (not 3)

try them I guess. Have a look first though.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

crysis series was good<3

also FC3 :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

- Grand Theft Auto San Andreas; Old but gold plus a large modding community. 

- Tomb Raider - Prequel to one of the most loved game franchises 

- Mass Effect Series - The Sci Fi epic 
- L.A. Noire - Huge on story

- Red Dead Redemption- If you liked GTA you'll probably like this

- Arkham City; If you're into super heroes its a must own 

SPAZ, if you are intuitive.

Assassins Creed is great especially if you're on 5th moral stage.

BFBC2

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

there doesn't seem to be a lot of games that i don't know of man this sucks. But thank you everyone for the reccomendations. 

If you are not a fan of ssslllloooowwwwww grinding process, avoid PayDay 2.... It is definitely a better experience if you have friends to play (seriously, that's how it is supposed to be played; Co-Op) but it still is a slow grind...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N