I'm overclocking my CPU right now, does anyone have any knowledge?

I just started overclocking my cpu, and im running a Prime95 stress test on the cpu now, it's a i5 4670k, cooled by a corsair h100i running in pull.

I'm getting about 77*C for the temps, and I was wondering if this is a suitable temperature.

I've got it running at 4.4GHz, and I made the CPU core voltage 1.2v in my motherboard on adaptive mode, I noticed the voltage is going slightly higher, and im wondering if this voltage is too high, or if it is normal for it to go slightly over.

I've attached a screen shot of the stress test + cpu-z with temps as well.

If anyone has any suggestions on how i could overclock my cpu better, or a better way to reduce voltage please let me know :) I'm running a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Mobo.

Thanks.

post-85866-0-65282400-1403935235_thumb.p

Depends on how long you've been running prime95, but yea that temperature looks fine

CPU: i7 4770k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Mobo: Gigabyte z87 ud3h Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng. 1866MHz  GPU: EVGA SC 780 PSU: Corsair ax850 Case: Define R4 BlackOut Edition SSD: Samsung 840 EVO HDD: Two WD Black 7200RPM 1TB

If you can do manual and use offsets and manual LLC settings to obtain your target voltage, that may be better. Adaptive can be somewhat unpredictable, but not necessarily a problem. Monitor your voltage and temps a bit carefully for a little while longer

Note that adaptive may keep the CPU a bit cooler and save power under non extraneous loads

Try to stay below 80c.

also, you need to dump prime95 and test with IBT, OCCT, or Aida.

Error: 410

If you can do manual and use offsets and manual LLC settings to obtain your target voltage, that may be better. Adaptive can be somewhat unpredictable, but not necessarily a problem. Monitor your voltage and temps a bit carefully for a little while longer

Note that adaptive may keep the CPU a bit cooler and save power under non extraneous loads

Try to stay below 80c.

I did 10 tests with IBT, and it went up to 95*C for each test, is there something wrong with my CPU, or is that expected from IBT? my PC didn't blue screen throughout the test and it was fine.

Try to stay below 80c.

Also, I changed the CPU ratio setting from fixed to dynamic, and according to CPU-Z my cpu is still running at 4.4GHz all the time, is it safe for the cpu to be running at that speed all of the time?

I did 10 tests with IBT, and it went up to 95*C for each test, is there something wrong with my CPU, or is that expected from IBT? my PC didn't blue screen throughout the test and it was fine.

Also, I changed the CPU ratio setting from fixed to dynamic, and according to CPU-Z my cpu is still running at 4.4GHz all the time, is it safe for the cpu to be running at that speed all of the time?

that is... uncomfortably (dangerously) warm, you should probably not do that for now. If you have dynamic multi, adaptive voltage, and other power saving features still on, it should still downclock at idle.

Save your current settings profile to CMOS and load up a stock default BIOS profile, verify that it's downclocking at idle properly.

Error: 410

CPU Z always shows the highest multiplier, use HWinfo to get a better idea of what is going on for all aspects of your CPU and computer in general.

Read some guides so you don't destroy your chip, you seem to have a good chip if you can do 4.4 @ 1.2.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/haswell-overclocking-guide-with-statistics

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/24019-load-line-calibration-why-overclockers-should-care/

Whenever stress testing, set voltage to manual/constant!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."