Intel or AMD CPU?

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Intel, both work great but in CPU heavy games AMD chips fold over.

its not so much the cpu I would be worried about, personally I prefer the core i5/i7 depending on setup but the biggest issue is amd's chipsets are garbage compared to intels. good luck getting very quick sata speeds or the latest tech options on a amd board. you do save money going with amd but your buying old tech. intel is cooler running and has a ton more options in boards to fit your needs then amd does. the amd build isn't that much cheaper then an intel anyway these days unless you go core i7. theres a 50 dollar difference on newegg right now between an 8320 and asus crosshair v vs a core i5 4670k and maximus vii hero. I would without a doubt go intel for the 50 dollar difference its completely worth it.

AMD FX 8320 £103.70, Intel core 2 quad Q9550 £309.98, not bashing intel or anything as they make really good processors but I fail to see how the Q9550 is better if it costs £206.28 more; and the FX 8320 can handle those tasks just as well.

I can't answer on the double performance as I don't know, but that were true wouldn't it come out as double the performance in all applications? (Which I don't think it does)

Both CPU's have their strengths and weakness', I5 are great CPU's and so are AMD's the performance differences between an I5 and an FX 8320 are negligible at best; what like 2-3 FPS, in games, if I go with an I5 even though my FX gets 60+ fps stable. An I5 4670k costs £164.89 and the AMD costs much less, price performance, I say, is better with AMD when it gets the same or sometimes better FPS than intels offerings.

When I choose the CPU to go with I choose the one that is going to give me the performance I want at the most reasonable price, for me, that was the FX. (I also wanted to try another company, since I have always used Intel in the past).

Dude, the core 2 quad is old as fuck, and therefor the prices are totally off. 

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

AMD Much Cheaper

Intel Much Expensive

Sample : Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5 Ghz Quad Core 8MB Cache 360 $

AMD FX-8350 FX-Series 4.0 Ghz 8 Core 8MB Cache Black Edition : 230$

I Got The Price From Amazon.com 

The Choice Is Yours

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q