LSI Raid card Drop out

ace2k8

Just a question I would like to get answered. I have a MegaRAID SAS 9260CV-4i that has been dropping out when i put load on the drives. I can reboot and it will appear as nothing happened but as soon as i put a real load on these drives the raid card just drops out of the pc.  Its running a Raid 6 with 4 WD Red 1TB.   As far as spec my motherboard is a Asus Maxmus VI Hero.  I do have 2 XFX 7970's in crossfire taking up most of the PCIe lanes. I an taken out one of the GPU's and ran the Raid Card in the 16x slot and disabled the 4x lane to see if that was the case but i am still having the same problem. I know the Raid Card is a 8x PCIE 3.0 but it should run fine in the 4x slow with slower performance. I am ok with that because its only a storage drive i run no programs off it. Programs stay on the 4 SSD's in raid 0 off the motherboard chipset. 

The card physically drops out of the PC?! have you screwed it in to place lol....

If it was that simple I wouldn't make a new post lol. no it drops to Windows Volume. I can still see the card if I pull up AIDA64 but the drive is not accessible to Windows

I'm thinking it wants its 8x lanes and since it only has 4x its not doing its job. Does the documentation list anything on running it in reduced PCIx lanes? Such a high end card is going to need if not demand its lanes, especially when you tax it.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.