HTC One M8 - Loose Volume Buttons

Cs342

Does anyone here own an HTC One M8? I just bought mine yesterday and the volume buttons are very loose. You can wobble them up and down while barely touching them and they feel very flimsy compared to the superb build quality of the rest of the device. Should I go back tot eh store and get a replacement or are the buttons meant to be so loose?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

When I got mine they were a bit loose but nothing major, I use a case with my phone and it keeps it in place.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

When I got mine they were a bit loose but nothing major, I use a case with my phone and it keeps it in place.

I read online that the buttons are not meant to be loose and this was confirmed by HTC. Do you think I'll be allowed to exchange it?

I read online that the buttons are not meant to be loose and this was confirmed by HTC. Do you think I'll be allowed to exchange it?

Most likely, The worse thing they can say is no to the exchange and if they do deny the exchange raise some shit at the store.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Most likely, The worse thing they can say is no to the exchange and if they do deny the exchange raise some shit at the store.

Start throwing products at the manager. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Start throwing products at the manager. 

haha that would a site to see at the store, but no I think someone had this problem on the forum before and the store completely refunded them with a new phone.

haha that would a site to see at the store, but no I think someone had this problem on the forum before and the store completely refunded them with a new phone.

Good to hear :) I'm loving the phoen so far but the loose buttons really bother me because I've heard so much about HTC's amazing build quality. Did the person you're talking about receive a replacement immediately or did he have to wait?

Good to hear :) I'm loving the phoen so far but the loose buttons really bother me because I've heard so much about HTC's amazing build quality. Did the person you're talking about receive a replacement immediately or did he have to wait?

Pretty sure that they got a replacement in store, but not sure read that thread a while ago.