Does SPDIF to 3.5mm cable work?

Donimater2

I'm trying to find a way to connect my Xbox one to my monitor and since my monitor does not have HDMI ports or audio out (if i were to use display port) the options are very limited.

One way is to buy a HDMI to DVI + Audio splttter but that is very expensive to do (£50+)

I know xbox one has a SPDIF port and if i were to use a converter to 3.5mm cable and connect it to my speaker, would this work?

SPDIF is Analogue if im not mistaken and the speakers uses a digital signal.

LINK-http://www.amazon.co.uk/TOSlink-Digital-Toslink-Optical-electrosmart%C2%AE/dp/B008N15ON6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403438227&sr=8-1&keywords=spdif+to+3.5mm+jack

Thanks

If you get a SPDIF to 3.5 converter, then yes.

And macs have a spdif 3.5 combo port, which outputs both signals. Does the Xbox have that?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

spdif is digital, and speakers use an analog signal.

there are some device that use 3.5mm analog/toslink dual jack, like laptops and mp3 players, but both the end and the receiving device need to be the same. both digital or both analog.

to use the spdif on the xbone you'd need a receiver with optical or a small optical dac.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Ok thanks

That I/O sucks. On my PS 3 I always used the old video out just to connectet the red and white plugs to a speaker. The HDMI was for video only then, because I turned the HDMI sound off in the settings menu.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |