Model Rocket Tracking

I want to build a model rocket that will launch from a platform lifted up by weather balloons to achieve the highest elevation possible. (Yes I will double and triple check this is legal). I just have 2 questions:

1) How could I track this rocket?

2) How can I figure out how high the rocket went?

Thank you,

David

I'll make sure to upload some of the pictures to the forum.

Space is pretty awesome.

you may want to ask that question in a different forum. Try this . Its a link to a forum called RcGroups, the rocketry section. I'm sure someone there could help you with the questions you have.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

I want to build a model rocket that will launch from a platform lifted up by weather balloons to achieve the highest elevation possible. (Yes I will double and triple check this is legal). I just have 2 questions:

1) How could I track this rocket?

2) How can I figure out how high the rocket went?

Thank you,

David

I'll make sure to upload some of the pictures to the forum.

You would want a GPS device with a data logging function.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

you may want to ask that question in a different forum. Try this . Its a link to a forum called RcGroups, the rocketry section. I'm sure someone there could help you with the questions you have.

Thank you.

Space is pretty awesome.

No problems at all

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.