Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause"

Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

Just reinstall the system from the new pc, windows doesn't like being transferred to a new motherboard.

Hi, I've been having some issues with my new PC booting. I bought everything new except the HDD. Once i had everything I put the old HDD on the new pc and tried to run, but it showed this screen:

maxresdefault.jpg

I already tried pretty much everything, I launched the STARTUP REPAIR like 5 times and nothing happened. I tried the HDD in another PC (an old one), and after 3 attempts I could access without problems. I reinstalled Windows 7 (64bit) in the HDD from the old PC without problems, but when I try to run it on the new PC, the same message appears.

I checked the RAM health and they are fine

2839046.jpg

I also tried to start the new PC with the old PC's HDD (which works perfectly) and gives me back the same message.

I dont know what else to do, maybe I could install the drivers of the new mother connecting the HDD on the other computer and then try again on the new one? Or I dont know...

I leave you my config here:

Mother: Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3
RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 Mhz - 2 x 4GB
HDD: Hitachi 160GB (old one lol)
CPU: FX 8350 4.0 Ghz
PSU: Seasonic 850W - 80+ Gold - "SS-850KM3"
Video: GeForce GTS 250 (yeah old card, I haven't change this yet..)

ANY help would be appreciated, thanks for taking the time of reading.

(Sorry if my english isn't good)

hmm sounds strange could something not be installed right or shorting out?

I thought about that, but I really dont see anything connected in wrong way. What do you think it could be?

that is mostlikely becaus i asume you also transfered all the data from your old computer to the new one including the os but now that all the components have changed windows will revuse to start so you will have to reinstall 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Just reinstall the system from the new pc, windows doesn't like being transferred to a new motherboard.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The simplest possible solution, and I didn't think about it. Haha thank you, systems running. Have a good day.

The simplest possible solution, and I didn't think about it. Haha thank you, systems running. Have a good day.

Often times the solution is staring at us from the tip of our nose and we just can't see it ;) good day to you too (it's night here though and I'm just about to go to sleep ^^).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*