I am building a new build and it consists of an Asus P8Z77-V LK
and a 3770K. I planned to use Swiftech H220 and i plan on using AP 123 for it. If i were to put a GTX 780 (Lets register it as a Titan) with a waterblock, would the H220 be able to work with such a build? 
Sincerely, Bluejay
P.S What would be a good clock on the CPU with this?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

i guess you would have to add a 2. rad to the loop, and than it's so expensive that you can just buy a real custom loop.... :D

made a pretty good video on h20-cooling a titan. he did state on an

overclocked CPU and GPU, minimum radiator would be a 360x 60mm.

if you added a second GPU, additional 240x 60mm would give you headroom

and security on a competent cooling solution.

you could use the H220, but you'll be so behind on thermal efficiency you'll have

to use 1800rpm+ fans at 12v to keep the load cool (and i doubt that).

you could use a stock clock on CPU/GPU and get by with that for a lil bit.

airdeano

Could you do it? yes. Should you? maybe not. with the high end components that you are planning I would just go full custom. the H220 will work but it will be no where near optimal. I was in the same situation as you a few moths ago and decided to go custom and could not be happier. 

I am building a new build and it consists of an Asus P8Z77-V LK

and a 3770K. I planned to use Swiftech H220 and i plan on using AP 123 for it. If i were to put a GTX 780 (Lets register it as a Titan) with a waterblock, would the H220 be able to work with such a build? 

Sincerely, Bluejay

P.S What would be a good clock on the CPU with this?

Swiftech and their rabid fanboys will tell you the H220 can adequately cool a cpu and a gpu

I would be more cautious about connecting two heat sources to a small bit of metal.

Swiftech and their rabid fanboys will tell you the H220 can adequately cool a cpu and a gpu

I would be more cautious about connecting two heat sources to a small bit of metal.

That's because "adequately" is subjective. Sure it will work but in comparison to a full loop it will perform notably worse.

It will keep a graphics card as cool as it was with air cooling but without the fan noise would be my best description.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

That's because "adequately" is subjective. Sure it will work but in comparison to a full loop it will perform notably worse.

It will keep a graphics card as cool as it was with air cooling but without the fan noise would be my best description.

you forgot to say worse looks too imo

Still does out preform a n h100i and what other AIO coolers should I see and what should be a good clock

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

you forgot to say worse looks too imo

All talked about in great detail in the thread OP was directed to above.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Still does out preform a n h100i and what other AIO coolers should I see and what should be a good clock

The H220 is the best all-in-one solution if you plan not to take it apart.

The H220 is a bad custom solution and you will be better going with a custom loop for a marginally higher price.

Does that answer your question?

The H220 is the best all-in-one solution if you plan not to take it apart.

The H220 is a bad custom solution and you will be better going with a custom loop for a marginally higher price.

Does that answer your question?

Kind of. I still wonder what the clock could be . How cold could it run if between 3.8-4.5

Kind of. I still wonder what the clock could be . How cold could it run if between 3.8-4.5

It doesn't work like that. No-one will be able to tell you, they can only make a wild guess.

My advice is go full custom.

And it wouldn't run cold it would run hot. Cold implies it is cooler than your body temperature which it isn't. ;)

I just got my h220 with sp120 PE at 7v and my 3570k @ 4.2 gets to 60 under prime95

I just got my h220 with sp120 PE at 7v and my 3570k @ 4.2 gets to 60 under prime95

But that's with just the CPU no?

So he can expect 70-80C with a GPU if that's true.

Yes this is CPU only. He would probably be lucky to see those temps with a GPU installed with the existing rad without blasting the fans

I'll only have CPU for now. Thanks guys, especially Ghost.

tony_n, that sounds good, but my lil TT xtreme 2.0 with crappy thermaltake stock fans@ 7v

is doing 1.225 @ 4.6GHz @ 50° (25°A) with prime95, intel burn test (MAX) and OCCT.

you must have your pump dialed way, way down, yes?

airdeano

he'd be lucky to see that with any overclock and more.

airdeano

I threw in an extra 360mm rad to my 3570k + 2x 6970s with the H220 loop. Load temps on GPUs were about 51 degrees max. I like my H220 but yes there are better kits like the custom XSPC kit.. unless you're Canadian. Then the only 'affordable kit would be a $300 EK kit by Dazmode.

CBswKrW.jpg

tony_n, that sounds good, but my lil TT xtreme 2.0 with crappy thermaltake stock fans@ 7v

is doing 1.225 @ 4.6GHz @ 50° (25°A) with prime95, intel burn test (MAX) and OCCT.

you must have your pump dialed way, way down, yes?

airdeano

Yea the pump is at like 2 out of 10 in terms of speed (with asrock fan control in bios, the pump is running at 1400rpms) and all the fans in my case are at 1100 rpms or less all the time. I was going for silence over extreme performance. The h220 gave me about a 10 degree drop Yo over my old Water 2.0 pro running the same fans at 7v. You have awesome chip to be able to run that cool, i was almost getting that hot at stock speeds. My temps really are not that different from other people with the H220 so im happy with it.

Edit: I re-ran the test because i was bored and im maxing out at 55* now, guess it needed a little time for the thermal compound to cure and any small bubbles to work there way out, i initally ran the tests right when i got the unit.

Another Edit... I put the corsair fans at 12v and now im at 50c, i think i might buy some Nf-F12s next time i see them for a good price

I do have to ask..at what point do we start to fear that the market shift to AIO's and Hybrid AIO's will doom the already small market of custom waster cooling kit.?..or do you think that this shift will cause the custom kit to drop in price..? 

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

What is the ideal temps IN F for a cpu and what can the h220 get it to

What is the ideal temps IN F for a cpu and what can the h220 get it to

TJ max of a 3570k is 105*c (221*F), Personally i would do my best to keep it under 75c (167F) or 80c (176F) for the longevity of the chip.

Can such a chip endure temps like that?