Sharing wireless internet

I think this question may have a simple answer, but here is the best place to ask..

Next year I will be living in a house of five students and we are looking at internet plans. As a speed requirement I would like to be able to stream 1080p content (on the assumption that a connection fast enough for this would be sufficient for gaming). At the moment I have wired connection with 12Mb download for myself, so would a ~60Mb speed be required? Do routers prioritize traffic for more demanding devices? Do allowances need to be made for the difference between wired and wireless connections?

Also, if there are five of us, what would be a ballpark-ish monthly usage cap be?

Are you not entertained!?

Routers use QoS (Quality of service) which prioritize traffic but it needs to be set up properly!

Internet on the other hand if you can get around 60 down 5+ up for a good price it should be fine, I live in Florida I have 35 down and 2.5 up, ive had 3 people on BF3 same network no problems average around 47 ping on a server in NY.

what would be a ballpark-ish monthly usage cap be?

Usage cap? how many GB per month like a data plan?

Try to get a non data cap plan if your gonna be gaming and streaming 1080p

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Nice, I will look into that. Thanks very much, I though I wasn't going to get an answer :)

Are you not entertained!?

Nice, I will look into that. Thanks very much, I though I wasn't going to get an answer :)

Glad i could help! Also forgot to mention TRY to get a Internet service provider that offers coaxial lines(TV cables) its so much better than DSL!

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ