PC won't start up!! Keeps restarting in an endless loop :(!!

Gapi182

Well it is a sad day.. :( Sorry I did not see the cpu as the trouble..thought it must have been a psu or the MB ..have you had a chance to look at the cpu..?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Not yet but I'm about to take off the heatsink and send my cpu and motherboard back. There's nothing else I can really do. Don't know how i could destroy a motherboard so easily though :/.

Still maybe try one last think..and it will not take long..pull the cpu and then re-seat it...re-install the heat-sink ..and see if it works..you never know..maybe worth a try..

should I reapply the heat paste or just take it off and back on again?

yeah same problem sadly :(. I guess I'll send the motherboard and the cpu back since I don't know which one isn't woking.

Well you could just start the system without the cpu..it should return a POST error or Beep codes errors..if you get that without the power cycle then it will be the CPU..

hmm good tip. I'll do that. But the problem is my motherboard doesn't beep :D. And the debug monitor isn't working. Should I leave the RAM in?

Yes..you are just testing if the MB starts it POST cycle..you should have a header for a PC speaker..

KK tried that. Exactly the same result. Even the same LEDs are showing. The LED1 and LED2 above the RAM... weird.

I didn't have it in lol. Never installed it. Where do I plug it in?

kk... no beeps were given :D.

So no beeps and no codes..and the same cycle..?

Think it may be the MB.. :(

Kind of hard to choose..read the section on the LEDs..and still not clear if the MB is off or the CPU is..?..not the best answers, I know..but may be start the RMA on the CPU first..wait for the replacement and test again..?

It's just too weird that no sound is coming out and the debug monitor isn't even working. I think I should just send both the cpu and the mobo back.

That may very well be the best thing to do..

• 4 weeks later...

they found out that the problem was a broken pin. For some reason I couldn't see it :/. I have no idea how that happened since my CPU was installed the whole time :/. So i got an email that it cannot be repaired and covered by warranty. Wtf? Will I get a replacement or will I actually have to buy a new motherboard which would be absurd since this one is 2 months old :(?

I am sorry to hear that...It may be worth while to chat with some body . You never know they may meet you have way. Who did you talk with..?

well I sent it back to the company I bought it from. They told me that they cannot fix this because the warranty does not cover it and sent it to MSI, so I asked if I needed to buy a new Mobo. They answered that if course they cannot be 100% sure but from their experience they told me that MSI is very generous towards this and will most likely send me a new motherboard. 

Let us hope that the folks at MSI are in a generous mood.. :) Still, may not be a bad idea to get in touch with MSI direct and start a nice friendly dialogue with them... ;) 

Let us know how you make out on this one...  

well I'm not sure if I can do that :P. I sent the motherboard to the company and they'll send it to MSI. Which means even if I write the email, they probably get at least a few motherboards there a week, how can they even know which one is mine :D? I'm pretty sure I'll get a replacement. At least I hope so. Now for the important question... how did I break the pin inside the cpu socket??? Maybe moved the case to fast? The cpu + heatsink + cpu socket seem to be pretty tight.

Unplug or remove all hardware which isn't required for startup. That includes CD/DVD-ROM all external periphhals like USB-Devices, extra PCI-E or PCI cards like wireless cards and sounds cards. If that still doesn't solve the problem remove all RAM-modules. If one of those is faulty you should at least get to the Bios. If all of that doesn't help, you've lost your motherboard or PSU. In most cases it's the PSU.

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

Unplug or remove all hardware which isn't required for startup. That includes CD/DVD-ROM all external periphhals like USB-Devices, extra PCI-E or PCI cards like wireless cards and sounds cards. If that still doesn't solve the problem remove all RAM-modules. If one of those is faulty you should at least get to the Bios. If all of that doesn't help, you've lost your motherboard or PSU. In most cases it's the PSU.

thanks man but I've already found the problem. It was the Mobo. I sent it to the company where I bought it from and they sent a picture back showing that one of the pins was broken. Therefore the PC wouldn't start for safety reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

just to update. Just got an email(after almost 1 month of not gaming :() that MSI has apparently fixed my motherboard and it's gonna go on it's way today. Yaaay