PC won't start up!! Keeps restarting in an endless loop :(!!

Gapi182

Hey guys. I built a new pc about 2 months ago and got home today, installed my 2 new fans I got and now it won't work icon_e_sad.gif. It shuts down in about a second it turns on and then repeats that until I hold the power button to turn it off completely. I can't go into BIOS, my monitor doesn't even display anything. icon_cry.gif The fans and LEDs are all working and start spinning for the second the PC is on. I also never overclocked my CPU or GPU and have great cooling.
This is my rig if it helps:
CPU:3570k
GPU:7970ghz
PSU: Corsair AX850
MoBo:MSI MPower z77
CPU Cooler: Thermalright silver arrow extreme
HDD:1000GB samsung spinpoint f3
SSD:samsung 840 pro 256GB
RAM: 2x 4GB
Case: The original NZXT Phantom
Any help is much apreciated
Thanks

Well as it sounds, it might be due to the new fans, perhaps one of them shorted out?

Are you sure you have connected them to fan headers? [no offence, happened before]

Try unplugging your fans and see if it will start.

What does the debug screen on your mobo say? -> google that number

Have you perhaps unplugged a cable as you were installing your new fans?

Have you tried switching to your 2nd bios? [That board does have a switch to do so if I am not mistaken, my bro has got it]

If you installed those fans on your CPU-Cooler, have you connected them to your CPU-Fan header?

Clear the CMOS if you have tried everything above [remove battery from mobo for like 5mins or check for a clear cmos button, pretty sure that board's got one]

Tell me how it went

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I've unhooked the fans and still the same problem. Also tried pressing the cmos button which is shining blue. Every fan that's supposed to spin is spinning. What debug screen are you talking about?

This debug led might show a number, which will tell you what's wrong with your system.

post-2187-0-06173600-1368650255.jpg

post-2187-0-06173600-1368650255.jpg

IT sort of sounds like a PSU/power problem..or.a case power switch gone bad..un hook the case switch lead from the MB and start your system with the on board button..I had the same happen with my Bitfenix power switch..my parrot eats his meal on top of my case..and the power switch was more than a little  messed up..sorry..just something to check.. 

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

IT sort of sounds like a PSU/power problem..or.a case power switch gone bad..un hook the case switch lead from the MB and start your system with the on board button..I had the same happen with my Bitfenix power switch..my parrot eats his meal on top of my case..and the power switch was more than a little  messed up..sorry..just something to check.. 

Possible aswell, check if your tiny Power/Reset/HDD Indicator cables are properly in place.

unplugged the case cables and still the same problem :/

Check if all the RAM is seated correctly, switch to your 2nd BIOS and try booting again.

What does the debugLED say?

Every cable is out. The only thing running is the cpu, cpu cooler, ram(can't get them off because of the cooler) and the PSU...still the same problem. Dammit what did I do?Debug monitor isn't saying anything. The PC only turns on for like half a second so I guess it doesn't have time to display.

May not have done anything..still the same cycle..fan spin..lights go on..then within a second..shuts off..and seconds later starts again..?..can you get your fingers on the DIMM's and feel that they are even across the top .?..from one side to the other..?..can you manually switch to you second BIOS..(on board switch).? Do you have a backup power supply ?

yes still the same. LEDs are working, cpu cooler's fans also. Everything works for half a second to a second and shuts off. Then it turns on again and does the same thing. I've tried switching the bios and that did nothing. Also checked the RAM and they seem to be perfectly in place. I have no idea what's wrong :/. It'd be weird if anything broke because the PC is like 2 months old :/. I built it myself and it's been working perfectly up until now.

Have a look at the PSU cables...look for crimps showing on the plug pinched cables in the case etc..

Check the OC button as well

Edited by BroKenFingers

well the cables are all coated so I doubt anything could have happened to them. My guess is I must have done something when I was installing the top fan because it was quite tight. No idea what though. I'm pretty much screwed.

What was tight..the wire coming off the fan..or the plug going into the fan header..?..you did check the 8 pin power cable..?

it was tight to push the 200mm fan because one is already installed. But I can't imagine I broke anything with that. Yes the 8 pin connector seems to be in place.

Do you have a back up power supply you can use ?.if so then unplug the 24 pin the 8 pin and the gpu  psu cables..and try the spare supply..

Still just trying those little things...did you check to see if the power/reset and OC buttons on your board were working.. and not stuck..?..What fan headers did you plug your new fans into..?

I plugged them into my case not my MoBo. Yeah the Power, Reset and the OC button are all working if I press them and aren't stuck. Daaamn :'(. It's either the PSU, CPU or the MoBo I'm guessing...

you have to unplug the case wires to your MB. Then try the pwr button on your board.  

tried unplugging the ram and still the same result. I'll fucking kill myself. Fucking shit! If at least I knew what was wrong dammit!

Nope..no need to get upset..now we will start the next level. Lets review:

You have checked the ram, check the video card, checked all the psu cables and connectors, switched the BIOS, checked the case switch and MB switches, you have no POST read out, you have checked the MB for any bent pins, had a look for any bent MB pins..?..well we will check that next..now..take the system apart..strip off all sata connectors..remove the video card.remove the cpu heatsink..strip the whole thing out..and each part as you go along.. and give it the magnifying glass and flash light..take no chances..pull the cables from the psu ..pull the MB..those new fans..they come out as well..look at the wire..mag and flash..you want to be sure that you do not miss anything. There is only so much that can make a system go into a boot cycle that you have reported..the main failure is the MB and /or the psu..meaning that if you cannot find a frayed, bare metal to bare wire, suspect wire not in line with the other pins on the the molex connector, bent pin touching together, faulty PSU cable, than the next thing left to do is find a PSU. and test the system with that..Borrow if you need to..or buy a cheap one for a spare.Install the MB cpu with OEM heatsink on the CPU MB header, 1 DIMM, vid card and a HDD( no SSD)..no need to connect the sata..just the spare/borrowed psu power..do not connect the case wires..use the MB switch..let me know how you make out..your post will be emailed to me.This is not over..we will never surrender....  :)  

I ran into this problem 4 times in the past month,the computers would turn on and shut off in a few seconds and power back on by itself in an endless loop with no display, I changed the CPU and BOOM! it worked.

"You are who you choose to be.....Choose"

See my Profile for my 

I gotta feeling mine's simillar. The thing is there's no way my thermalright silver arrow extreme would be able to fuck up a normal 3570k on stock clocks. Anyways here's the update: I got a PSU from my old PC and plugged in the cooler's fans + the 2 cables into the MoBo that you need. Same problem. Which means we can exclude the PSU. That leaves us with the cpu, MoBo and RAM. Honestly everything on the motherboard is running to perfectly for me to think that it's broken. The leds display the RAM which also leads me to believe that RAM is okay and the OC button, the restart button and the power button all work on the motherboard. Also when I switch the BIOS the board recognizes that and highlights the other bios with a LED. I'm thinking it's the CPU. Just don't know how. 2 months old, zero overclocking and a beast cooler.

sad bump :(. Waving my white flag.