Asus Maximus VII USB TrueVolt

Does the 5 volt power supply to the USB ports run even when the computer is turned off? (Sources please)

CPU: i7-4790k @4.8gHz  MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX RAM: 8GB g.skill 2400mHz CL9 STORAGE: 240GB Intel 730 and 1TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX760 COOLER: Corsair H110 CASE: Corsair 750D

Does the 5 volt power supply to the USB ports run even when the computer is turned off? (Sources please)

I think either:

1) Yes, because the PSU is supplying power to the motherboard, which sends the power to the ports.

-OR-

2) No, because the motherboard shuts off, it shuts power to the whole board, so no power is sent from the headers to the ports.

It's gotta be one of these.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I think it depends on the psu, maybe the mobo? I had one that supplied USB power until you flicked off the switch on the psu.

Source - I had a USB powered led light set that would work even with the PC shut down with the switch on the psu in the ON position.

I think it depends on the psu, maybe the mobo? I had one that supplied USB power until you flicked off the switch on the psu.

Yes I was wondering if that effect was on the Maximus VII series.

CPU: i7-4790k @4.8gHz  MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX RAM: 8GB g.skill 2400mHz CL9 STORAGE: 240GB Intel 730 and 1TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX760 COOLER: Corsair H110 CASE: Corsair 750D