Upgrade Advice (Recording/Streaming)

Oscreed

Hey, my brother is looking to upgrade to improve the fps he gets whilst he records/streams gameplay (mainly minecraft/source games).

Upgrade budget: £120/$210 - I've suggest going for an R9 270 but I'd like some more opinions before he spends the money, thanks.

Current build:

CPU: FX-6350

GPU: Radeon 5830

RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3

Mobo: MSI 760GM-E51-FX

PSU: Corsair CX600w

what about a 280? that is if your from the uk

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100373l

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

They're all too expensive for him, he would be looking at paying £180 for a 280 (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=167).

id say a 270x then but id urge you to save up a bit more and get a 280 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

what's the vram size on the GPU i would recommend getting something with a minimum of 3 gigs or so for a above 60 while streaming and what's the GHz of the cpu because streaming is quite cpu intensive

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

what's the vram size on the GPU i would recommend getting something with a minimum of 3 gigs or so for a above 60 while streaming and what's the GHz of the cpu because streaming is quite cpu intensive

1GB on the GPU, the CPU is new and is at 3.9Ghz. I've suggested the 270 as he really as no more to spend than $210/£125, I think it will be the most noticable upgrade for his money.

Is he really getting framerate problems on minecraft? Curious. But yeah, a 280 would be ideal if he can spare for it

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Is he really getting framerate problems on minecraft? Curious. But yeah, a 280 would be ideal if he can spare for it

It's whilst recording, he is struggling to maintain 60 FPS and is sitting at around 45-50 so he wants to upgrade to maintain 60 whilst recording. The maximum he has to spend is £125, I can't see myself convincing him to spend the rest on his PC.

Well get a 2-3gig card because 1gig isn't worth shit anymore trust me. If you are going amd try something like this Asus AMD Radeon 7770 HD 2GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI it's under the 100 spending limit and such if you want you can go 3gigs for about an extra 20-30 or so 

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

Well get a 2-3gig card because 1gig isn't worth shit anymore trust me. If you are going amd try something like this Asus AMD Radeon 7770 HD 2GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI it's under the 100 spending limit and such if you want you can go 3gigs for about an extra 20-30 or so 

god you are stupid. That would not even give him better fps.

Get this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GNE0CHI/?tag=pcp0f-21

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

ok then this is my new suggestion 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl