Laptop suggestions

Hi Guys & Gals,

I am looking for a gaming laptop (dota 2 is my current game :D ), After searching over in my local market and all sites that sell laptops in my area(India) i have came down to Lenovo Ideapad Y510P (59-389687). i searched over to find if this laptop has any problem and i noticed in some forums where it says that it heats up a lot while gaming. can the you all help me out if i should go for this or there are any better options available, as for budget this one costs 60k INR i can go max to 65k INR.

Thanks for the help in advance. :)

-snip-

That's the best bet for you in India ~ buy a decent Laptop Cooling Pad to go with it. Its only good for light gaming... although you can open it up and apply better thermal paste... but that would void the warranty :/

Anything else would be prohibitively expensive to buy(import) and you will not get any customer support... Remember not to go down the Alienware path!

It will not heat up when playing dota.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

That's the best bet for you in India ~ buy a decent Laptop Cooling Pad to go with it. Its only good for light gaming... although you can open it up and apply better thermal paste... but that would void the warranty :/

Anything else would be prohibitively expensive to buy(import) and you will not get any customer support... Remember not to go down the Alienware path!

Thanks a lot for the quick reply :)  will wait for a day or two and go for it if nothing else comes up

Thanks a lot for the quick reply :)  will wait for a day or two and go for it if nothing else comes up

Do you live in Delhi? Go to Nehru Place, they have some good stores showcasing Laptops by MSI and ASUS.

Do you live in Delhi? Go to Nehru Place, they have some good stores showcasing Laptops by MSI and ASUS.

I am from Nagpur and i have very less options here, can try with Mumbai but it goona be quite time consuming will try at a bigger ciry if i can get a vist planned

I am from Nagpur and i have very less options here, can try with Mumbai but it goona be quite time consuming will try at a bigger ciry if i can get a vist planned

Flipkart doesn't offer as many options, you should at least try out the item you plan to purchase, a visit to a shop will be best. Good Luck! :)

It will not heat up when playing dota.

I have noticed my existing XPS 15 L501x  almost 3 years old now heats up a lot even on medium settings my CPU (Intel i7 740QM (first generation i7) easily  reaches 90'C + and GPU is 99'C+ (Nvidia 435M GT 2GB). Thats one of the main reason i am looking for a newer one. I got the fans cleaned and thermal paste reapplied still not much improvement. I even bought Cooler Master Notepal U2 to help it but it is barely manageing to keep it 3-5'C cooler.

Flipkart doesn't offer as many options, you should at least try out the item you plan to purchase, a visit to a shop will be best. Good Luck! :)

sure and thanks again :)