First Watercooling build

Hey! So im about to buy and install my very first watercooling loop. I am planning on getting a complete kit since i dont have any experience about watercooling and what parts to use and such.

The kit im looking at is this: http://www.xs-pc.com/watercooling-kits/raystorm-d5-photon-rx360-v3-watercooling-kit Is this a good kit? I will only be cooling the CPU since i want to wait with the GPU until i have some more money in stock ;).

Im also looking for a computer case that is good for watercooling builds, i am currently looking at the Corsair 750D, is this a good case or should i go with something even bigger/expensiver?

Thanks in advance for quikc answers!

I think you should get a little more experience in water cooling before building. Watch some of Linus's watercooling tutorials first :)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Well, im not completely unexperienced in watercooling. I have watched some videos and i understand the build and how i should install it. But im a noob at picking the parts for it and i feel like a kit is a good way to start before expanding

How is the noise level of this kit? I currently havea h80i will it be a lot better and more silent?

It should be cooler and more quiet than the h80i. That pump is pretty good and you can turn it down to make it quieter.

How is the noise level of this kit? I currently havea h80i will it be a lot better and more silent?

The kit crushes the H80I and any corsair/thermaltake cooler out there, you chose a definite good cooler, but first check the case for any compatibility issues. You can't have a 360mm radiator up top or in the front if you don't have required space, also think where you would need to put the reservoir and other stuff, if you have a case of multiple metals it would be good if you used some silver coil or some additives to help remove the building of rust in your computer, before you build you should cover every component in thick toilet paper. Yes I know, in case if your tubing starts leaking.

Now you first start with rinsing out the radiator, get some hot destilled water and put it inside the radiator, shake it like hell for two minutes and you will see dirt coming out, repeat the process until there is no dirt. Do the same for all other components including tubing and reservoir.

Now the placement of the components. You have to make everything connected to the loop, from pump, to reservoir, to cpu to radiator, play with it, but remember, PUMP MUST ALWAYS BE BELOW THE RESERVOIR, OR IT WILL RUN DRY WHICH WILL KILL IT. You must also tighten the compression fittings to your tubes (screw it in with your tumb to radiators and other components)

Now when you got that connected give proper power to your pump (i think you need to connect it to the psu). Remove the Motherboard cable (the biggest one, i think its 24 pin) and use a clip or a jumper that came with your board, connect one of the red wires to one of the black wires using the jumper, that way you can turn only PSU without the whole rig. Put destilled water in your reservoir (painted water or ordinary water is no good) and turn on your psu, when two thirds of the reservoir is empty, turn off your PSU and fill it up, repeat the process until the reservoir is full and the water is flowing thru the tubes, check for any leaks and air bubbles (jiggle the tubing slightly arround if you have any since they reduce the water cooling efficiency)

ACTUALLY NO NO NO NO, RES MUST ALWAYS BE BEFORE THE PUMP

Thanks for the help! But how about the case? I currently havea fractal design r4 which dont have enough space for the 360rad. So im thinking of getting the 750D but im not sure. I heard a lot of good things about the HAF X and the NZXT 820. I really like the huge window on the 750D but the 820 looks really good to! Any opinoins on what i should choose?

Now when you got that connected give proper power to your pump (i think you need to connect it to the psu). Remove the Motherboard cable (the biggest one, i think its 24 pin) and use a clip or a jumper that came with your board, connect one of the red wires to one of the black wires using the jumper, that way you can turn only PSU without the whole rig.

Please check your advice is correct before you give it.

DO NOT jump one of the red wires to a black wire.

Jump the GREEN wire to the black one next to it, or even better, if you're not sure, buy a jumper plug.

Hey! So im about to buy and install my very first watercooling loop. I am planning on getting a complete kit since i dont have any experience about watercooling and what parts to use and such. The kit im looking at is this: http://www.xs-pc.com/watercooling-kits/raystorm-d5-photon-rx360-v3-watercooling-kit Is this a good kit? I will only be cooling the CPU since i want to wait with the GPU until i have some more money in stock ;). Im also looking for a computer case that is good for watercooling builds, i am currently looking at the Corsair 750D, is this a good case or should i go with something even bigger/expensiver? Thanks in advance for quikc answers!

That is a superb kit but do not thing the LEDs will last as long as the kit itself or that those fans are quiet.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Please check your advice is correct before you give it.

DO NOT jump one of the red wires to a black wire.

Jump the GREEN wire to the black one next to it, or even better, if you're not sure, buy a jumper plug.

Well i've seen lifehacker give advice to jump from red to a black wire, but sure, if it's incorrect I need to apologize. Sorry D:

Thanks for the help! But how about the case? I currently havea fractal design r4 which dont have enough space for the 360rad. So im thinking of getting the 750D but im not sure. I heard a lot of good things about the HAF X and the NZXT 820. I really like the huge window on the 750D but the 820 looks really good to! Any opinoins on what i should choose?

The Corsair 750D is a very capable watercooling case, you can easily fit a 360mm in the top. Same goes for the NZXT 820 so it comes down to preference. The 750D can also fit a very thick 280mm radiator in the front if you're willing to remove hard drive cages. Pretty sure you can mount another 240mm radiator at the bottom of the NZXT 820 also.

Personal preference/price is all you have to worry about there.