Surface Pro 3 question

joppetie

Hi guys,

I've been following the news on Microsoft's new Surface Pro 3 very closely, 

and I've come to the conclusion that I probably should buy one.

The only issue I have right now is that I want an i5 processor,

but there are two configurations for this:

- i5 - 4GB RAM - 128GB storage         for €917,10

- i5 - 8GB RAM - 256GB storage         for €1.187,10

I'd like to add that I'll probably be fine with the 128GB of storage, as I won't be using it for movies or many games and I'll add a 64GB micro-SD card anyway. The thing I'm more worried about is the RAM. I'm not sure if 4GB is going to be enough.

I'll be using the device for general browsing and computery things. Also some light gaming (Hearthstone, Game Dev Tycoon, Minecraft, South Park: The Stick of Truth) and game streaming.

Any comments? Thanks in advance!

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

Hi guys,

I've been following the news on Microsoft's new Surface Pro 3 very closely, 

and I've come to the conclusion that I probably should buy one.

The only issue I have right now is that I want an i5 processor,

but there are two configurations for this:

- i5 - 4GB RAM - 128GB storage         for €917,10

- i5 - 8GB RAM - 256GB storage         for €1.187,10

I'd like to add that I'll probably be fine with the 128GB of storage, as I won't be using it for movies or many games and I'll add a 64GB micro-SD card anyway. The thing I'm more worried about is the RAM. I'm not sure if 4GB is going to be enough.

I'll be using the device for general browsing and computery things. Also some light gaming (Hearthstone, Game Dev Tycoon, Minecraft, South Park: The Stick of Truth) and game streaming.

Any comments? Thanks in advance!

wait a litle till you see a few teardowns to see if the ram and memory chips are soldered to the mainboard. if they're aren't you should get the cheaper one and buy a bigger ssd(m2) and a bigger ram stick

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

4 is plenty for a laptop imo

4gb will be enough for most things you are going to do on that tablet/laptop.

If you love what you do, it's not work.

when i had a laptop with 4gb of ram i never ran out of ram

and on my desktop i have 8gb of ram and the most i ever use is 60% on hardcore gaming so i think it will be fine with 4gb

wait a litle till you see a few teardowns to see if the ram and memory chips are soldered to the mainboard. if they're aren't you should get the cheaper one and buy a bigger ssd(m2) and a bigger ram stick

they probably solder the RAM for sure that is what I am sure of but not sure about the storage since most things manufacturers will solder everything but the storage.

$$金Trill金$$

they probably solder the RAM for sure that is what I am sure of but not sure about the storage since most things manufacturers will solder everything but the storage.

There's no way it's not soldered. It's as thin as an iPad 2. A SODIMM would be like half the height.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /