1300 Mbps !!!

dgtL

anyone gonna get one of linksys's new ac line of routers?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1442[/ATTACH]

Might do - having a house built soon that'll be fully networked - although that then raises the question; do any of my wireless devices actual support those speeds.

I don't think that AC will be common for a few more years. I mean, yes, it is cool to have a very fast device, but right now, you don't really need it unless you are have NAS devices or something like that. Right now, N is sufficient for most people's needs.

I don't think that AC will be common for a few more years. I mean' date=' yes, it is cool to have a very fast device, but right now, you don't really need it unless you are have NAS devices or something like that. Right now, N is sufficient for most people's needs.[/quote']

Pretty much this for me. My only devices connecting wirelessly are my phone and tablet - neither require any more speed than N can provide. All bandwidth intensive devices are connected via Ethernet which can provide enough speed for me.

The only need for an AC router is if you are doing HUGE file transfers from a server.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I'm planning on setting up a NAS sometime soon, would I directly connect it to this router via USB3? I'm still a little confused about networking, but extremely excited at the idea of setting up an HTPC with the ability to stream all my media with zero cables.

Nope, I do everything via ethernet, and the devices that use only wireless (=smartphone) don't have AC support anyway, so it's pointless for me.

Ipsa scientia potestas est