Friend's build

Emkryan

So A friend of mine wants to build a nice Gaming pc. So me and another friend came up with the best build. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/liquidn2/saved/vqBTwP

Now he's decided to see if playing the waiting game for the next gen parts would be a good idea. For Devil's canyon and the next Nvidia cards. Is it reasonable to start waiting? Or just buy now and upgrade later

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Buy now upgrade later, if he wants to wait untill close to 2015, he can go right ahead. But buying now and upgrading later is the best choice

budget?

uses?

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Buy now

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

So A friend of mine wants to build a nice Gaming pc. So me and another friend came up with the best build. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/liquidn2/saved/vqBTwP

Now he's decided to see if playing the waiting game for the next gen parts would be a good idea. For Devil's canyon and the next Nvidia cards. Is it reasonable to start waiting? Or just buy now and upgrade later

Waiting a couple of weeks for the 4690k and 4790k makes sense right now. But in general waiting doesn't really make sense as there is always a new generation of something about to be released.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Nah, do it now, this system is strong enough to last for a few years without needing any upgrades.

budget?

uses?

the PC he says is the perfect build. use. Gaming

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE