I need to edit these partitions to all be one again like factory settings. This is my main (only) drive. Can I just format it and reinstall my OS ?? It is a Samsung 840 EVO SSD thnx !

post-45414-0-75584600-1402084374_thumb.p

You can't. One is the swap partition, which is essential for Linux. Sorry.

May I enquire what the need is?

Compatible with Windows 95

there's a difference between factory settings and reinstalling

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

You can't. One is the swap partition, which is essential for Linux. Sorry.

May I enquire what the need is?

you could easily add a partition....without f*cking up linux

Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

If you don't mind wiping your drive and erasing your files, make a bootable Ubuntu USB, run GParted and delete all the partitions, and then reinstall it in whatever configuration you want.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

you could easily add a partition....without f*cking up linux

From what I understood of the post, he wished to only have one partition, as opposed to two.

well that would impy that he won't be using linux any more, thus making your "You can't. One is the swap partition, which is essential for Linux. Sorry." argument invalid.

Chivalry isn't dead!

well that would impy that he won't be using linux any more, thus making your "You can't. One is the swap partition, which is essential for Linux. Sorry." argument invalid.

My apologies, I don't entirely grasp what you are trying to say

He can just go through the installation like normal, but he can't remove the current partition system with the installation that he was using before because it requires the Swap.

My apologies, I don't entirely grasp what you are trying to say

He can just go through the installation like normal, but he can't remove the current partition system with the installation that he was using before because it requires the Swap.

Swap isn't required for linux. It's a very very good idea to have some swap space, but you can run it without swap. (I would suggest against it, but you can).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Swap isn't required for linux. It's a very very good idea to have some swap space, but you can run it without swap. (I would suggest against it, but you can).

Ok, fair enough. It's just that whenever I tried to install Ubuntu without Swap, it failed in the installation.

Ok, fair enough. It's just that whenever I tried to install Ubuntu without Swap, it failed in the installation.

Interesting, I assume Ubuntu has that built in as a safety feature (seeing as their target market is new Linux users).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB