Opinions on my GPU conclusions?

So I've been reading up on GPU's, GPU benchmarks and different 'this or that GPU' discussions on LTT I came across. I came to some conclusions based on my own opinion and the general opinions and conclusions I came across. You might think this is total BS or pointless but this is what I'll be basing my GPU purchase on so your input is appreciated. 

Notes:

1. Setup: single monitor 2560x1440 ultra settings.

2. The conclusions are based on the best overall performance split by setup so dual GPU's, single GPU, watercooled, aircooled, Nvidia or AMD. 

3. These conclusion completely disregard the GTX Titan and the R9 295X2.

Conclusions:

Best single GPU setup: GTX 780ti 

Best Dual GPU setup if you want Nvidia: 3GB 780's (Why? Extra performance from 780ti's in SLI isn't worth, 6GB version of 780 isn't worth it)

Best Dual GPU setup if you want AMD watercooled: R9 290X Lightning (cause you can have some sexy custom EK WB's on em)

Best Dual GPU setup if you want AMD aircooled: R9 290X Sapphire Tri-X

Best Dual GPU setup disregarding air or watercooled and NVidia or AMD: R9 290X

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

what about save some money and cross fire 290s? not 290xs 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

what about save some money and cross fire 290s? not 290xs 

Nah, I ain't about that.  :P

Nah, I ain't about that.  :P

well in the case the lightning gets my vote also you might wanna add a poll so people can makes votes on what to get 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head, at 1440p and higher, the R9 290X crossfire outperforms the 780Ti in SLI. This is partly due to the 512bit bus on the 290X and partly because Crossfire is superior to SLI this generation due to the implementation of Bridge less Crossfire, along with a new engine.

It's also why I have two 290X Lightning cards and the EK water blocks and back plates that arrived this morning. :D

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

well in the case the lightning gets my vote also you might wanna add a poll so people can makes votes on what to get

I think the OP wants our opinion in the form of a reply rather than a voting poll.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head, at 1440p and higher, the R9 290X crossfire outperforms the 780Ti in SLI. This is partly due to the 512bit bus on the 290X and partly because Crossfire is superior to SLI this generation due to the implementation of Bridge less Crossfire, along with a new engine.

It's also why I have two 290X Lightning cards and the EK water blocks and back plates that arrived this morning. :D

Can I see some pics of it set up?  :D

Can I see some pics of it set up? :D

Hahaa, yeah, when I've built it. They only arrived this morning. I'll have to wait until after my last exam to do that. (Physics)