DRAM led lights up.

Hi guys. Yesterday I started up my PC. The DRAM LED lit up, and the little speaker attached to the MB started beeping continuously.      I turned off the PC. I tried to turn it on again and it booted up. I'm creating this topic because I want to know what the problem is, and prevent it from happening. Since Yesterday I haven't turned my PC off because I'm scared for it not booting up. Since than I put it so sleep. I would really appreciate of someone could tell me how to fix this problem. :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Nope should be in Troubleshooting..but not to worry..My Crosshair did the same thing to me, but it stopped posting .Mine was a corrupted BIOS.Do you have the M5a97 rev2 or the M5A97 LE rev2 ?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Going to need some more info.Is this a new build ? example..added new ram, changed the cpu, Have you OC'd anything? If you did OC the cpu ..then restore the setup back to all the regular default settings, and check for stability.  

Have a look at this part of your manual (actually from your board manual) and take an extra special look at the beep codes. Report back with what the problem appears to be or just sort it yourself if you know how ;)

Good luck!

Continues beeping says to me memory problems.

post-4768-0-35860200-1368511180.png

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Going to need some more info.Is this a new build ? example..added new ram, changed the cpu, Have you OC'd anything? If you did OC the cpu ..then restore the setup back to all the regular default settings, and check for stability.  

Oh no. It's a 1 year build and I'm using an ASUS M5A97 PRO. Nothing new installed. :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Have a look at this part of your manual (actually from your board manual) and take an extra special look at the beep codes. Report back with what the problem appears to be or just sort it yourself if you know how ;)

Good luck!

Continues beeping says to me memory problems.

It looks like the problem is in the memory. But I don't understand why the PC didn't bot up the first time, but it did at the 2nd.

Try re-seating the RAM and video card. Make sure their slots are free of dust, pet hair, etc, and that they are fully seated.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Try re-seating the RAM and video card. Make sure their slots are free of dust, pet hair, etc, and that they are fully seated.

Well. I sent my RAM to a shop because one of them was failing. They removed the heatsinks, so they can check if there is some damage. When I  got the RAM back (Because it was out of warranty, since I had changed the heatsinks), and one of the RAM sticks had the heatsink very loose. I just had to lift up the heatsink, they didn't even stickit back. When I took out the heatsink, I saw 3 RAM chips on the sticky double sided tape on the heatsink itself. Apearently they just ripped off the heatsink from the RAM stick. My other 2 RAM sticks (8GB) are working, but they are the ones that may be causing the Booting problem. Could it be that they damaged the sticks that are in my PC now ? Thank you :) 

Try the 2 DIMMs and use the mem OK button..it will set the BIOS to boot with the ram..

Have you tested the 2 ram sticks?...http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Find the offender and replace it..your system can run with 1 DIMM.

..and why did you change your ram heat spreaders..?

Try the 2 DIMMs and use the mem OK button..it will set the BIOS to boot with the ram..

Have you tested the 2 ram sticks?...http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Find the offender and replace it..your system can run with 1 DIMM.

..and why did you change your ram heat spreaders..?

I changed the heatsinks because I wanted to Overclock. But it turns out that they damaged 1 of the RAM sticks. By the way, how do I run the memtest. I've heard that I have to put it in a USB drive, and run it before booting into windows. Is that right ?

Yes..it is a .iso that will load before your OS ...install the usb drive with the system off(use a usb port on the back of your system)start your computer..when the ASUS logo appears hitting F8 will bring up the boot menu and from there choose the USB key..Do you need help with making(burning) an ISO..?

Yes..it is a .iso that will load before your OS ...install the usb drive with the system off(use a usb port on the back of your system)start your computer..when the ASUS logo appears hitting F8 will bring up the boot menu and from there choose the USB key..Do you need help with making(burning) an ISO..?

Nah. I can do it by myself. But I am really thankful for your help. :)