Asking for oppinion:)

DONCraven

That core clock seems terribly low, even lower than a stock 7950...I'd change it for something else, other 280's have clocks of over 1000MHz.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

That core clock seems terribly low, even lower than a stock 7950...I'd change it for something else, other 280's have clocks of over 1000MHz.

or maybe i should just change it for a r9 270 MSI twin frozr and oc that one the only difirence i see between these ones are the VRAM.

My guess is that that is the base clock speed, and many other brands list the boost clock speed..

Also: Overclocking is a thing..

or maybe i should just change it for a r9 270 MSI twin frozr and oc that one the only difirence i see between these ones are the VRAM.

WEAKER GPUS ARE WEAKER, ALWAYS!! Don't buy a weaker card just because a stronger one has a lower clockspeed advertised..

The R9-280 has a 933 Mhz boost clock, as designated by AMD. All 280s will boost up to this speed, though some manufacturers will overclock it a bit from the factory..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Woah! No go for a 280! They're beastly for the money. They even beat out a GTX 760 by a good margin. My previous card was a 7950 clocked to 280 speeds, it was great!

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Woah! No go for a 280! They're beastly for the money. They even beat out a GTX 760 by a good margin. My previous card was a 7950 clocked to 280 speeds, it was great!

i would love to go 280 but my budget is tight and dont know if i can alow myself one

i would love to go 280 but my budget is tight and dont know if i can alow myself one

Is there any way you could hold out on buying one and save up another $30-$40? 

Is there any way you could hold out on buying one and save up another $30-$40? 

well u can look at the build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wybndC

iv replaced the 280 form before with an MSI one

if needed and i probably will oc the MSI one if i can get it

What's the rest of your build? nvm. 

Also: if the Pcpartpicker page is accurate, that 280 you linked is $50 off with a coupon code at Newegg if you buy today..

Like I said in my previous post. All 280s will comply with AMD's specifications of how a 280 will clock, so you know that the boost clock will be 933 Mhz.. On top of that, you can overclock.. 

The 280 has a much bigger and more powerful core than the 270X, and thusly it will be a much more powerful card.

All R9-280s have the exact same chip, so they'll all perform relatively the same. There's absolutely no reason at all to spend an extra $70 on a different brand, just because they advertise a different clockspeed (because you'll be able to overclock them to roughly the same speed anyway).

Also: if the Pcpartpicker page is accurate, that 280 you linked is $50 off with a coupon code at Newegg if you buy today..

Like I said in my previous post. All 280s will comply with AMD's specifications of how a 280 will clock, so you know that the boost clock will be 933 Mhz.. On top of that, you can overclock.. 

The 280 has a much bigger and more powerful core than the 270X, and thusly it will be a much more powerful card.

All R9-280s have the exact same chip, so they'll all perform relatively the same. There's absolutely no reason at all to spend an extra $70 on a different brand, just because they advertise a different clockspeed (because you'll be able to overclock them to roughly the same speed anyway).

so yours saying i can still use the powercolor 280 even though they show the clock speed so low it will still run at thouse 933Mhz?

and how high i can overclock it then?

P.s looked at the main page of the manufactures and it says this 855MHz (up to 960MHz with boost)

still am confused

still am confused

Alrighty, I'll explain in more detail.. (feel free to ask any other questions you might have)

Most people use the term "GPU" to mean the same thing as "graphics card", when technically that isn't quite accurate. The GPU technically is just the chip (on the graphics card) that does the actual processing of the graphics data.. In this picture of an R9-280X, the GPU is just the silver square in the middle of the card.. For a card to be labeled as a R9-280X, it has to have that specific GPU on the board. The manufacturer of the card, in this case Asus (this picture is an Asus DC2 R9-280X), can make modifications to the board and the cooling unit, but they can't make any changes to the GPU itself..

-Think of it as being like CPUs and motherboards.. An Asus board isn't going to make an i5-4670K perform any better than a i5-4670K on an MSI board, just like a 280 from MSI won't necessarily perform better than a 280 from Powercolor..

Every card that is labeled as an R9-280X will have that exact same GPU mounted on its board, so the performance of the GPU itself will be pretty much the same for all cards from different manufacturers.. Cards that are labeled as different GPUs (ie, R9-280, R9-270X, GTX 780, GTX 770) will have physically different GPUs that have different capabilities..

Since the R9-270X is a significantly weaker GPU than the R9-280, it doesn't make sense to buy it if you can afford the higher-tier GPU. 

Since clockspeeds are very easy to change by the user, the stock speed is pretty irrelevant.. If you OC to 1100 Mhz it will perform just the same as any other R9-280 that's been OC'd to 1100, regardless of what it's base speed was.

Alrighty, I'll explain in more detail.. (feel free to ask any other questions you might have)

Most people use the term "GPU" to mean the same thing as "graphics card", when technically that isn't quite accurate. The GPU technically is just the chip (on the graphics card) that does the actual processing of the graphics data.. In this picture of an R9-280X, the GPU is just the silver square in the middle of the card.. For a card to be labeled as a R9-280X, it has to have that specific GPU on the board. The manufacturer of the card, in this case Asus (this picture is an Asus DC2 R9-280X), can make modifications to the board and the cooling unit, but they can't make any changes to the GPU itself..

-Think of it as being like CPUs and motherboards.. An Asus board isn't going to make an i5-4670K perform any better than a i5-4670K on an MSI board, just like a 280 from MSI won't necessarily perform better than a 280 from Powercolor..

Every card that is labeled as an R9-280X will have that exact same GPU mounted on its board, so the performance of the GPU itself will be pretty much the same for all cards from different manufacturers.. Cards that are labeled as different GPUs (ie, R9-280, R9-270X, GTX 780, GTX 770) will have physically different GPUs that have different capabilities..

Since the R9-270X is a significantly weaker GPU than the R9-280, it doesn't make sense to buy it if you can afford the higher-tier GPU. 

Since clockspeeds are very easy to change by the user, the stock speed is pretty irrelevant.. If you OC to 1100 Mhz it will perform just the same as any other R9-280 that's been OC'd to 1100, regardless of what it's base speed was.

ok cool a big thanks :)

so i can OC the card to 1100 Mhz or you just used that as a example?

ok cool a big thanks :)

so i can OC the card to 1100 Mhz or you just used that as a example?

A little of both tbh.. It is just an example, but an average range for the 280 should be around 1050-1200, depending on luck..

I have a GTX 780 that doesn't want to do 1150, though a friend of mine has the same model of 780 and his will OC to ~1270.. Despite the lower clock, mine still performs better than any GTX 770..

A little of both tbh.. It is just an example, but an average range for the 280 should be around 1050-1200, depending on luck..

I have a GTX 780 that doesn't want to do 1150, though a friend of mine has the same model of 780 and his will OC to ~1270.. Despite the lower clock, mine still performs better than any GTX 770..

Nice to know :)