What PSU should I buy ??

Twpsin

Hey guys,

im stuck on what PSU to buy for my set up, my wattage is 385 Watts (lets round that up to 400) and I haven't a clue what to buy. I would like it to have a gold rating and it not to be madly expensive (70 pounds maximum). Any help would be much appreciated :-)

rm550

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Seasonic SSR-550RM $80 or Corsair RM550.$110.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Have a look for a Superflower Golden Green or an NZXT Hale Power 90+ which is also made by Superflower. The Corsair RM units are not as good as either of these two as they skimp on the internal components.

Where do you plan on buying the psu? Give us a website or something so it'll be easier to recommend which psu to buy withing your budget.

What are you powering? If you just need 400w, just get a good 400w+ psu like the rosewill capstone. Corsair rm, or Seasonic G.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.