Difference between 2 CPUS

Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

Building a new pc soon and im thinking whether to get an i5-4670K or i7-4770. Is there any difference between these 2 cpus in terms of performance in gaming? Thinking of getting the i5 as it is cheaper.

The i7 (presumably you would get the 4770k unlocked version so you can OC) is a superior CPU. It can help certain games perform better, as well as video and photo editing, streaming etc 

However, if you are working towards a budget and having to sacrifice other components to fit in an i7 then I think the i5 is better value. For most games and tasks it will be perfectly fast and not too differnet from the i7 and the money you save can go towards a better GPU/SSD/Cooler, or whatever else you need for your PC

If you have the money spare, then an i7 is a better investment in my opinion, as you may utilize its extra performance but if its a budget constraint then i5

Building a new pc soon and im thinking whether to get an i5-4670K or i7-4770. Is there any difference between these 2 cpus in terms of performance in gaming? Thinking of getting the i5 as it is cheaper.

For gaming get the Core i5, game's simply don't need an i7 to run. Makes no performance increase what so ever.

Accidentally pooped my pants in the elevator.

I'm taking this shit to a whole new level.

4670K is an unlocked more easy to overclock cpu, its a quadcore.

4770. is a locked cpu that is very hard to overclock, its a quadcore but can do 8 threads, cause of the HT.

For gaming both are basicly fine.

If you are a diehard watch dog fan + streamer, an i7 could be something to concider. ;)

The i5 is overclockable and will be enough for gaming.

The i7 cannot be overclocked, but has HT, meaning it does have 8 Threads, which might help in certain Games a bit,

but are more important for streaming and other apps that can make use of more than 4 cores/threads.

The i7 might be slightly faster in Games, if you don't overclock. But getting a k-version implies you plan on overclocking, which means it will be better for gaming.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

The i7 (presumably you would get the 4770k unlocked version so you can OC) is a superior CPU. It can help certain games perform better, as well as video and photo editing, streaming etc 

However, if you are working towards a budget and having to sacrifice other components to fit in an i7 then I think the i5 is better value. For most games and tasks it will be perfectly fast and not too differnet from the i7 and the money you save can go towards a better GPU/SSD/Cooler, or whatever else you need for your PC

If you have the money spare, then an i7 is a better investment in my opinion, as you may utilize its extra performance but if its a budget constraint then i5

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii