WWDC 14'

clementk

Okay i really want to say that i am really not a apple hater just wanted to say what i think and if people agree.

i am busy watching this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIA7bfXButc)

UI : so far the few things i find annoying was that there new UI with there transparent window edge just look like window's aero but inside the window and not the desktop ?

Notification: there notification i really like and wish windows had something like that would be nice :)

Search: here is something that look allot like windows 8 or windows 8.1 search in the new windows metro i tested all of the searchers he did i could do in windows.

ICloud drive: the is really alot like One Drive. but okay its just a cloud storage.

Air Drop: that nice to email 5 gb would be nice :)

MarkUp: seems nice like a better sniping tool.

Safari: Chrome.. done :P

HandOff : seems nice :) ( hoop does not drain battery)

Hotspot: can be nice but also dangers if someone does not know. 

Sms/phone: really like that you can use mac to answer calls and use PC as phone but the sms is really not that big for me.

seems like a nice Update. but not that innovation as they make it seem but let me know what you guys think.

Needs Update

Just wanted to add that how ludicrous there IOS charts were. really 99% of malware are on andriod. thats some stats wonder where they got that :D

Needs Update

Just wanted to add that how ludicrous there IOS charts were. really 99% of malware are on andriod. thats some stats wonder where they got that :D

They always quote useless statistics to make themselves look good. For example; instead of sales iOS vs Android they go with "percentage of devices actively using the internet".

seems like a nice Update. but not that innovation as they make it seem but let me know what you guys think.

For OSX

I quite like the transparency, I think its a really nice look, I like how it looks in iOS so should just improve the look of OSX overall, make it a bit more modern

Notification Centre-  This looks awesome, it was a nice introduction on mavericks and it looks even more useful now, I really like productivity features like this that are easy, I am not an organised person by na

Search - they have had this for ages, its not really a new features, it just does a few extra things, has a new layout and now appears in the centre of the screen

iCloud drive - this seems cool, they have much better pricing for their cloud storage too, which is very good but was too expensive before. glad to see them change this, again noting new they have always had cloud stuff, from mobile me to icloud, came out before skydrive/onedrive

5gb email is a really cool thing, great if you need to send a project to a client or a file to a friend, tiny email restrictions should DIE

Airdrop - is really cool being able to transfer files between your phone and pc with a simple process is fantastic, air drop on macs is one of my favourite features

markup - quite cool though not something I would personally used

Safari - I like safari, but safari on windows is terrible, it works really nicely on OSX though

Handoff/Hotspot - this is cool, sit on your desktop making a document before work, you need to set off to work, one swipe and you can continue your document on the train to work without having to connect or sync or transfer or anything, great feature

sms/phone - that is awesome actually, for somebody who heavily texts/calls it sounds like a great features

Photos-  this looks great, very nice design and some nice simple editing for people not experienced. I hope it doesn't replace iPhoto. Looking forward to this

FOR iOS 8

I was less impressed here, it barely seems like a new OS, more a major update to iOS7, oh well updates are always great :) More a DEV kit update, so while I might not notice anything that new with the OS, new and better apps give a better exeriance

Photos - instant syncing between all your devices is awesome as is automatic iCloud backup , a few things not mentions at WWDC are the new camera mode, time lapse videos, the phone automatically takes photos at intervals and stitches them together into a video, awesome

Messages - voice and video sending are cool - again a few things not mentioned at WWDC, when somebody sends a voice message you can simply lift your phone to your ear like a phonecall and hear the voice, you dont have to hit play and have it play out the speakers, also you can now send multiple photos in one message

Keyboard - finally 3rd party keyboard support, and a new smart keyboard, hopefully should be good, I actually liked the context sensitive answers, like the example "do you want to go catch a movie or go shopping" and it automatically gives the reply "shopping" and "movie", that is cool

Family Sharing - this is awesome, think of steam sharing but with your apps, music and movies-  6 people too, that is cool. I like the "ask parent for permission" thing when buying apps, great for parents who give apple devices to kids, no more £300000 bills

Notifications - answering directly in notifications is great, having to switch back and forth when somebody messages you is irritating as hell so this is welcome

handoff - again great feature

health - this might be a big one, I am sure there will be some great accessories coming

DEV

Metal - ok this was impressive, the game less so, but if they can really improve the graphics like that then that is impressive, performance on iphone and ipad is aready amazing for games so any improvements will be amaizng

Swift - a new programming language, awesome, it can work along side obective C which is great, and the live feed as you change the code is really cool, it looks powerful too!!

Other dev stuff - they brifely touched on the sprite kit, world kit etc - great for casual games, or for less technical developers, also great

Overall

Interesting WWDC, nothing major to make me scream and throw my wallet at the screen but more and more I am loving OSX. I think my next purchase will be some fort of mac, probably a 13/15" retina pro. I already love my iPhone and iPad

Looking forward to the next event with new hardware

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I haven't seen WWDC yet, but I've seen images of OSX Yosemite and iOS8 and I have to say overall I'm very impressed. While I do not use a Mac, I do use an iPhone and plan on upgrading to the iPhone 6 which will be hopefully be released at the end of this year.

On another note I've heard people complain because no new devices were annonced which I find crazy because WWDC usually focuses on software, I think we can expect device announcements around August/September. Tim Cook promised exctiing NEW devices this year so I can't wait to see what Apple brings to the forefront. Even if you hate Apple for their overpriced PC's you have to admit, they have been known to push the tech industry into new territory. Before the iPad came out tablets existed but weren't very popular, I remember when it came out people said: "Who would want a massive smartphone? I have a netbook." Where are netbooks nowadays...? Landfills.

Well they couldn't say 100%. All they are trying to say is that they have none. At least you have to give them that.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

actually its true.  i was shocked but after a little search

http://bgr.com/2014/01/21/android-mobile-malware-report/

http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/about/news/virus/2013/99_of_all_mobile_threats_target_Android_devices

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017