Photo/Video Editing Laptop?

I got my first DSLR Camera a few years back after playing around with a film camera for the longest time, and recently I've been doing a lot more photoshoots for a company in my local area for special events, I've got a fantastic desktop at home I can edit all my photos on but many times I find myself in a rush trying to get the pictures to my customers within minutes of taking them, which if I had the hardware I could put together fairly quickly, (its not super model type pictures, just family photos people like to send as gifts and most of the proceeds usually go towards charities, but with the way I have to ghetto rig everything together to try and get a good look right off the camera is ridiculous, with absolutely no use of software except cropping pictures to get the sizes they want, in any case, I need a good laptop thats well priced, but can easily run photoshop (or more than likely Gimp) and other programs for on the go photo editing, Ive been doing a bit of research on my own but I was just wondering if there was anything you guys had that you would recommend over anything else and if so why? thanks for all the help in advance. :) 
P.S. My camera is a Rebel T3, I know its not the best, but it does the job well with the lenses I have for it, and I do plan on upgrading if business continues to go well. 
I would really prefer not to spend more than $500 on this, but if it takes a little more for much better performance I can. 

What exactly is your budget for the laptop? Once we have hat information (pardon if I missed it in your post), plenty of us will be able to answer any question you have!

Pew Pew Helicopters

If you're alright with the idea of a refurbished machine, there's a few great options out there that I'm sure would fall into your range - but you'd be best to check local on that.

As far as a solid computer goes, the Lenovo IdeaPad G505 is a decent notebook. I believe it's only 1366x768 (as many laptops will be that are ~$500), but it's a great little machine.

If you're looking for a reliable, well warrantied laptop - the G505 is my recommendation. If you're looking for a little more than 15.6", 1366x768, you'll be reaching into the ~$750-1000 range.

Hope that helps!

Pew Pew Helicopters

Id like to have a 1080 screen but with this just being for quick patch jobs and such I could probably go without, Ill definitely check out that laptop, still open to more suggestions as well. :)