curved monitors/screens

hammerslap1

until now i have mostly ignored the whole curved screen thing but my brother just mentioned something that sounded pretty cool....

not sure what it would take computer wise but imagine 3 55" or 65" curved screen tvs where you match the curve so they really do almost wrap around to the sides....

anyone have any thoughts on what it would take to do this? im thinking atleast 2 780tis are in my near future lol

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

I think curved computer screens will be much better than TV's. As it will be much easier to seat yourself in the focal point. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

65" 1080p? Dear god the pixel density would be in the negatives.

It would only be ok from like 3 meters away haha

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

65" 1080p? Dear god the pixel density would be in the negatives.

33 PPI

I think curved computer screens will be much better than TV's. As it will be much easier to seat yourself in the focal point. 

I agree. I don't think curved screens will have any benifit in Home Theaters. It seems like you'd have to have a really big screen or a small sitting area to really utilize the curve.

In use for gaming on a PC, I can see it being pretty awesome with higher FoVs.

I understand pixel density would be an issue... I guess what I was imaginign is something along what josh said.... like sitting at a tall desk in a tallish captains chair a little bit away from the screens so you fell like your the commander on a starship or something....now obviusly a better resolution would be ideal but the cost of 3 tvs that size in something like 4k would be tremendous.

maybe it would work maybe it wouldnt... but hey I can dream cant I?

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

I'd actually love a curved version of something like LG's 34UM95 (21:9 3440x1440). It would be really nice for development work. I sit quite close to my monitor, so a curved screen would be much nicer for me ergonomically. 

curved tvs are dumb, unless you are standing in the middle of the screen then it is a bad view and the purpose of the curve is lost. Curved monitors however, are a cool idea to replace 3 monitor surround setups.

curved tvs are dumb, unless you are standing in the middle of the screen then it is a bad view and the purpose of the curve is lost. Curved monitors however, are a cool idea to replace 3 monitor surround setups.

I honestly doubt they'd replace them all together (Price and distribution constraints. Locally, the highest resolution available in PC shops in the Philippines is 1080p for monitors, with the exception of the 1440p Apple Thunderbolt display), but they would make for compelling single monitor options, as much as 21:9 aspect ratio ones are now.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

anthony that is exactly what im saying.... use the TVs to replace a 3 monitor setup. your right using one as a tv would be dumb unless a person was single with 0 friends and no chance of anyone else wanting to watch tv lol