Known ZEN4 Memory Leak on Windows 11 - Video To Get AMD To Fix Already?

war59312

Hi,

Since Oct 2023 AMD has continued to release broken AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition after broken driver.

Please see:

Memory leak on Zen4? - AMD Community

Can we please bring this to AMD's attention already and get it fixed?

Just nuts that this is still not fixed. 😞

Best,

Will

6 minutes ago, war59312 said:

Hi,

Since Oct 2023 AMD has continued to release broken AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition after broken driver.

Please see:

Memory leak on Zen4? - AMD Community

Can we please bring this to AMD's attention already and get it fixed?

Just nuts that this is still not fixed. 😞

Best,

Will

I have a Lenovo laptop with a Ryzen 5 7535U. I only have about 7 GB RAM so my RAM is always at 90% usage, but I don't seem to have this problem, and "AMD Software" only uses 80-100 MB of RAM.

I'm running Adrenalin Edition version 23.10.24.02, from 8/23/2023 - I thought I was using a newer version (lol) but I'm not going to update if there are problems in the latest software! 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

FYI you can't use Task Manger nor Process Explorer to confirm this problem.

But yes build 23.10.x is fine. FYI 23.11.1 is the latest known good driver. AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.11.1 Release Notes

So you could safely upgrade to 23.11.1 if you wish to.

You have to use tools such as FindZombieHandles @ Release 1.0.0 · BobVul/FindZombieHandles (github.com) and Object Explore @ zodiacon/ObjectExplorer: Explore Kernel Objects on Windows (github.com) and PoolMonX zodiacon/PoolMonXv3: Monitor Kernel pool allocations tags (github.com) to be able to confirm this issue.

It's because it's causing process/threads to zombie and tools like Task Manger can't see zombie processes. Can learn more about this Zombie problem at Zombie Processes – Pavel Yosifovich (scorpiosoftware.net)

2 hours ago, PowerPCFan said:

I have a Lenovo laptop with a Ryzen 5 7535U. I only have about 7 GB RAM so my RAM is always at 90% usage, but I don't seem to have this problem, and "AMD Software" only uses 80-100 MB of RAM.

I'm running Adrenalin Edition version 23.10.24.02, from 8/23/2023 - I thought I was using a newer version (lol) but I'm not going to update if there are problems in the latest software! 

well thats a zen 3+ laptop anyways

42 minutes ago, war59312 said:

Indeed, good catch. As per AMD Ryzen™ 5 7535U

I mean, as per the name, which is a good name scheme and I am exhausted by people who say otherwise. 

xx35y are all zen 3+ based cpu cores
xx30y are all zen 3 based cpu cores
xx20y are all zen 2 based cpu cores (not necessarily old zen 2 chips, most are die shrinks with new gpus)

xx40y are all zen 4 based cpu cores

xx45y are all zen 4 but the desktop version in a laptop

so you know what an 8740 is vs an 8735. both are the 2024 version of the chips, both are ryzen 7 tier, one is zen 4, the other is zen 3+
y tells you wattage. 

zen 5 with ai ruined the name as we go into the AI chips.